OK, this is going to far.....

hawkdriver

I understand that everyone is jumping on the militaria band wagon to get in on the cash cow we have all been milking for years, but this is ridiculous. Tonight, I went to the local farm supply store, Orchelns, and after getting what I wanted, I was heading out of the store and came across this:

wmcyz6.jpg

These are actual issue boots, they had the correct stock number in them.

I don't know, I looked them over pretty close and couldn't tell anything wrong with them. Thinking Sierra had the "gold leaf" lined poots, $200 is a little steep for these boots. I wear them daily as my civilian shoes and while nice, I wouldn't pay $200 for them.

For a pair of Danners, $200 isn't out of the range of normality. We were paying $185-$210+ for Danners when I first joined the Navy in the 90s (everyone "had" to have a pair of Danner Matterhorns!) :lol::rolleyes: My work boots now (Red Wings) were about $225...and that was after a 10% military discount (I was on terminal leave at the time) and they most definitely weren't the most expensive ones in the store.

Dave

For a pair of Danners, $200 isn't out of the range of normality. We were paying $185-$210+ for Danners when I first joined the Navy in the 90s (everyone "had" to have a pair of Danner Matterhorns!) :lol::rolleyes: My work boots now (Red Wings) were about $225...and that was after a 10% military discount (I was on terminal leave at the time) and they most definitely weren't the most expensive ones in the store.

Dave

Matterhorns, Ha ha, got three pair of them. Loved those boots, were the best boots I ever owned. I still use them as my hunting boots. I can understand $200 boots, but these hikers are literally everywhere now. I have about five pair in my sell stock and can't hardly get $60 out of a pair. Funny thing is that the new Multi Cam Belleville mountain boots are now the gotta have and they were bringing $150 and are already going for $80 to $100.

aevbzp.jpg

Heck, I saw a USAF airman walking past my office as I left work this afternoon and I swear he was wearing boots that looked lot like these...

When I drove a bus, after a few pairs of combat boots wore out, I started wearing all black Korean made jungle boots. They were cooler in the summer, dried quicker in the winter, cheap and lasted a couple years. Couldn't get them after the Chinese flooded the market with their cheap copy that cost more and lasted six months and fell apart.

market garden

Hawk, I worked in Orschlens distribution center for 5 years.they have purchase agents everywhere . Lowles has ACU knee pads lol.

Heck, I saw a USAF airman walking past my office as I left work this afternoon and I swear he was wearing boots that looked lot like these...

The AF has a boot made by Bata that are foilage green that do look a lot like these. The foilage green boots look horrid and we joke that they are Elvis's long lost "Blue suede shoes"