museum reference

notinfringed

I don't know if there is one already. I thought it would be great to have a section for members to give write ups on museums. Directons to them, entry fees, favorite exhibits, pictures, links to web sites, etc. If there is one already, please let me know where it is. thumbsup.gif

Levi

• 3 years later...
I don't know if there is one already. I thought it would be great to have a section for members to give write ups on museums. Directons to them, entry fees, favorite exhibits, pictures, links to web sites, etc. If there is one already, please let me know where it is. :thumbsup:

Levi

It took awhile, but we have one now!

• 2 weeks later...

While it is not on-line and not posted here, an excellent resource book is this:

http://www.aircraftmuseums.com/

The title is misleading, as the book notes and details armor and vehicle and some nautical museums too, so don't get stuck on the title just saying aircraft.

I bought a copy of the book earlier in the year. I did notice that some of the things listed in my state were no longer there, out-dated, or in error, but in a book covering the USA and Canada, that is entirely to be expected for sure. I did detail what I knew to be in error and sent a long letter with corrections I knew of in my region. I think the author is actively seeking corrections, so feel free to buy the book and help everyone else out. I keep my copy in the trunk of my car so that when traveling I can just pull it out and see if there is anything near where I am at or worthy of a slight (OK - long too!) detour.

MW

I have a copy of an earlier edition of that book. It's helpful in locating the various museums plus many static displays of single aircraft as well.

• 3 weeks later...