48 Star Flag with Names and USS Oklahoma on the Bunting.

Does anyone have a roll call for the USS Oklahoma before Pearl Harbor? I have picked up a 48 star flag with 2 names and USS Oklahoma written on the bunting. It has a maker Marking also but I cant read it.

The ink is most definitely not just done.

I think the names are Stanis Lauws Frisby and Iona Frisby Wynne ???? Any help would be appreciated.

post-5730-1342571333.jpg

Garandomatic

There is a website with that info on it, I will check and try to find it. I have the guy a scan of a wartime photo of a local man killed on her that fateful day.

Garandomatic

http://www.ussoklahoma.com/Heroes.html

This site has the KIAs. You may be able to email the names to the webmaster, King is his name. He seems to have a good bit of info and was pretty friendly to talk to when I sent him Russell Roach's picture. Ancestry.com would also be a good bet. If you want, I subscribe and can check for you sometime today.

***Just checked ancestry, and nothing comes up for either name in the Navy musters, or just plain census search. Maybe somebody else can find more.

Something else, those names look like they are written by the same hand. The presence of FrisBy in both names is interesting, too. Wonder if the flag wasn't a gift to a pair of cousins back home?