Need Help With Medal & Rank

Christine1958Fury

Christine1958Fury

Hope you all can help me as I'm sure someone will know this. I have over 300 Photos of this man who was a pilot in the Navy 1918-1920's and flew the earliest flying boats. I know the 1 medal is the Navy Cross but not sure what the other is? Also can someone tell me his rank?

I know his name is Jack as ever photo in his album is written on back. I found the name LT JG Jack Stanley very faint inside album cover. I looked on the Navy Cross database but don't see his name. Thanks for any help.

post-56417-1342487446.jpg

post-56417-1342487457.jpg

Jack is a nickname for John...

Awarded for actions during the World War I

The President of the United States of America takes pleasure in presenting the Navy Cross to Ensign John Stanley, United States Navy (Reserve Force), for distinguished and heroic service as a Seaplane Pilot in which capacity he made many flights for patrolling the sea and bombing the enemy coasts, showing at all times courage and a high spirit of duty.

Action Date: World War I

Service: Navy

Company: Pilot

Regiment: Seaplane Detachment

Division: Naval Aviation Forces

Christine1958Fury

Wow thanks you guys are amazing! One of the photos is of him & his crew in Italy 1918 so that explains the other medal. I have had these for years & working on scanning to put on ebay. It has to be the best collection of early Naval Aviation out there at least dealing with seaplanes. He owned a damn nice camera and took photos of everything even the blown engines on his planes. Most of it deals with Haiti & Panama

THANKS again for the help!