Repop WW2 "double buckle" jungle boots

HoovieDude

There was some discussion here, about these, and the issue of whether or not they have ever been reproduced. After reading the thread, and following the info I decided to take a chance on them. Don't re-enact, but I do wear the jump boots and service "shoes" for work and casual wear. Thought I would try these on my next trip overseas. Thoughts on their accuracy?

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...p;#entry1128920

5a745c99.jpg

b009bc31.jpg

55217185.jpg

45070fa9.jpg

craig_pickrall

These aren't the best photos I ever took but thet should give you a fair comparison. This particular pair was made in 1950.

post-5-1342471671.jpg

post-5-1342471678.jpg

post-5-1342471665.jpg

post-5-1342471684.jpg

I've always liked those myself, but can't find a UK/European supplier. As Cesar says, cool boots! :thumbsup:

I don't think those are copies of the WWII Jungle Boots but rather the 1st Pattern Jungle Boots of the Vietnam era. They are pictured in Shelby Stanton's book on Uniforms of the Vietnam War.

Darby

Sorry didn't read all the stuff above before making my comment. Any-who I had a pair dated 1962 and were bout identical to these repro's (not repops)....Van Halen (not Van Hagar).

Darbo

Well, pardon me.

Sorry Hoovie I didn't really mean anything....I just got a buddy that uses that term all the time and since he won't buy original stuff, he tends to use it a lot. As hard as I try, I just don't understand where one gets "re-pop" out of "re-pro." It's a reproduction......no it's a repopuduction! Oh..... :blink:

Sorry Hoovie I didn't really mean anything....I just got a buddy that uses that term all the time and since he won't buy original stuff, he tends to use it a lot. As hard as I try, I just don't understand where one gets "re-pop" out of "re-pro." It's a reproduction......no it's a repopuduction! Oh..... :blink:

Gotcha ;) It is like me going :pinch: :pinch: every time I hear someone say "load out". Never once heard it used in my day, but even the younger guys now in boots use it all time.

Gotcha ;) It is like me going :pinch: :pinch: every time I hear someone say "load out". Never once heard it used in my day, but even the younger guys now in boots use it all time.

Hoovie you and I share the same time zone....you are up mighty late or mighty early! For me it's mighty late. I tend to stay up late way too often.

Darby

Hoovie you and I share the same time zone....you are up mighty late or mighty early! For me it's mighty late. I tend to stay up late way too often.

Darby

Ditto Darby. Insomnia is a cruel associate of mine.

Ditto Darby. Insomnia is a cruel associate of mine.

Me too Hoovie but I'm about to tackle it again.

Appreciate your service!

Over.

craig_pickrall

Since the 1962 date was mentioned I'll add this to the mix. It is the only manual I have ever seen that mentions these boots.

post-5-1342554068.jpg

post-5-1342554077.jpg

post-5-1342554087.jpg

post-5-1342554095.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are great boots. Nick Collier, owner of Collier& Collier Footwear @ WWW.Okiboots.com. Is an old and dear friend and Reenactor! He belongs to Able506 and was with the 101st AB when he served in the 80's. Nick actually owns originals of these boots (And a number of other types he wants to repop) that were used to create these, I actually got the second pair of these boots to leave company control! Sgt. Rivers is the guy with the .30 on my left:

post-4746-1344806921.jpg