Gulf War (ODS) NBC Gear

flashesandovals

Pascal,

Wasn't the M9A1 mask still in the TO&E as of then? I believe I remember FM3-5 showing it as late as 1994. Speaking for the Army, of course...I do not know about other services.

flashesandovals
Pascal,

Wasn't the M9A1 mask still in the TO&E as of then? I believe I remember FM3-5 showing it as late as 1994. Speaking for the Army, of course...I do not know about other services.

I would have to check, but to my knowledge it was replaced by th M17 series as of 1959...

Never say never though, Uncle Sam had about 500000 souls to protect against NBC threats downrange in 1990/1991.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were issued M9A1 masks, but I have yet to see evidence for that.

Any help is welcome.

Pascal

I was in the Army National Guard 1977 to 1984, and heard the Chemical Warfare people still used the M9A1 since it was a better mask. Great reference work on the Chemical stuff.

flashesandovals
I was in the Army National Guard 1977 to 1984, and heard the Chemical Warfare people still used the M9A1 since it was a better mask. Great reference work on the Chemical stuff.

Thanks!