Aircraft Serial Number Research

Nic

I recently picked up a data plate from a AD-6 (later A-1H) Skyraider. I checked out Joe Baugher's site and was unable to locate any information on this specific Skyraider. I came across a photo of it when it was flying with VA-115, but haven't found any additional info and am curious if it made it to Vietnam. Does anyone offer a service to track down the service history of USN aircraft? Thanks.

Johnny Signor

You could see if the unit has a "reunion" page and contact them with what you know on the "Spad" and they may have some info on it . And I think there's a Skyraider assoc somewhere on the net .

Johnny

northcoastaero

You will need to obtain the aircraft history card for this USN/USMC aircraft. Write to the following:

Naval Aviation History Office

805 Kidder Breeze, SE

Washington Navy Yard

Washington, DC 20374-5060

You may also want to try the Emil Buehler Naval Aviation Library in Pensacola, FL.

The A-1 could have been transfered to USAF service also.

Just curious, what is the Bureau Number (BuNo)? I have some books such as Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club and Vietnam Air Losses. I could take a look.

Thanks for the replies. I had sent a e-mail to Craig at Aviation Archaeological Investigation and Research and he has a service for obtaining the USN Aircraft card. I already sent the $10 fee over, but I'm wishing I would of checked this thread first! I could of done it myself! Oh, well. Lesson learned!

Thanks for the offer northcoastaero. The serial number is: 134620