WWII Footlocker Layouts

FRISCAN

Evening Gents,

Alright, all of us hardcores have to have our footlockers for our impressions. So, lets see them...

Heres a couple from myself and a couple of friends...

Sgt. James F. Dunigan, III

First Battalion, Able Company

U.S. 30th Infantry Regiment

U.S. 3rd Infantry Division(Reenacted)

P6100048.jpg

P6100051.jpg

P6100056.jpg

P6100059.jpg

3rdIDPride1.jpg

3rdIDPride2.jpg

Cpl. Aaron Dalbey

Third Battalion, Item Company

U.S. 15th Infantry Regiment

100_1248.jpg

Sgt. Charles W. R. McFarlane

First Battalion, Charlie Company

U.S. 10th Combat Engineering Battalion

IMG_3375.jpg

IMG_3376.jpg

IMG_3377.jpg

Kind Regards,

FRISCAN

Hey got any Chocolate Covered Cotton, courtesy of M & M Inc.!?? :lol:

Craig thanks for the pictures! thumbsup.gif I'm aiming for the 1st Sgt's set up in the above pic.. :lol:

Kind Regards,

FRISCAN

What was the "official" size of Bath towell?,I'm guessing that on the bunks was the two issue blankets,Or was a "barracks" blankets,pillow and sheets issued?.

Cheers,

Dave.

What was the "official" size of Bath towell?,I'm guessing that on the bunks was the two issue blankets,Or was a "barracks" blankets,pillow and sheets issued?.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hey Dave, I am not sure of what the issue size of a bath towel was, but I do know that depending on how cold it was were you were stationed you could be issued a quilt blanket along with your standard wool blanket to be used on your bunk.

Nice looking foot locker displays guys. One minor point tho.... I spied one that used modern push pins to tack pictures to the inside of a footlockers lid. These things were not around during WWII. Use plain-jane old thumb tacks.

Hey Dave,

You had two different style towels that were to be in your footlocker. A "Bath" Towel and a "Hand" Towel you were issued to two of each. However, I'm sure a GI could get more at the base PX if we wanted too.

I have two original "Huck" Hand towels and they are roughly 20 In.'s x 10 In.'s and I believe the Bath towels are 36 In.'s x 24 In.'s...

Kind Regards,

FRISCAN

Quote-Nice looking foot locker displays guys. One minor point tho.... I spied one that used modern push pins to tack pictures to the inside of a footlockers lid. These things were not around during WWII. Use plain-jane old thumb tacks.

You are correct Lee. I noticed that also. Good eye. thumbsup.gif These are what I have, and can still be found on e-bay for dirt cheap. ;)

f794_1.JPG

Hey Dave,

You had two different style towels that were to be in your footlocker. A "Bath" Towel and a "Hand" Towel you were issued to two of each. However, I'm sure a GI could get more at the base PX if we wanted too.

I have two original "Huck" Hand towels and they are roughly 20 In.'s x 10 In.'s and I believe the Bath towels are 36 In.'s x 24 In.'s...

Kind Regards,

FRISCAN

Hey Jim,

I'm sorted for huck towels,just wasn't sure on white bath towel dimentions.Since that size you mention[3x2] isn't realy a "modern" sized bath towel,Not what we use any way!.

I'm ex army and we used to have 2 sets of "ablutions kits" one for inspection and one for usage,The question i want to know is..If they had the saturday or any day inspection what would they do with there was kit and towel as these would be wet from use and not at a inspection standard??.

Cheers,

Dave.

Dave,

I have some barracks photo's that show laundry bags tied to the alternating head and foot ends of the bunks but facing against the barracks wall. In some pf those pics it also shows what appears to be the cotton comforter rolled up the floor just under the laundry bag. I think one of the forum photos shows the same set up.

For sat morning inspections the soldiers dirty clothing from the entire week would have possibly already been turned in to the company supply room on Friday to be done by Post QM laundry over the weekend so it could be issued back out on Monday morning along with the unit's fresh sheet & blanket exchange (stockade those bunks)

Leaving just a towel or wash cloth to stash in the laundry bag, place under the mattress or hang on a coat hanger on the wall rack along with clothing on inspection day.

kration

Would there have been any spec tag/stamp on the Bath towel when issued?,I've secured a second foot locker ID'd to..Paul.D.Draths,O-1114901,RZ-810-AAA.can some one do a serch on the officer for me please..

Cheers,

Dave.

What a bunch cool layouts. After joining this forum, yall make me want to expand into areas I have only thought about. Many nice and cool collections out here. Dave