Tiger Strip Pants

son of desertrat

son of desertrat

One of my dads old co-workers is trying to make some money so hes going to sell us some of his old things. He told us to make him a fair offer, so we wanted to figure out how much these are worth. He wore these when he was in Cambodia, he was in a MP unit and a dog handler.

SO how much are these worth and what pattern are they?

Keenan

post-7302-1341876028.jpg

post-7302-1341876112.jpg

The label says "A-M T-0 T-6"

post-7302-1341876231.jpg

Thanks

Keenan

son of desertrat

They dont look like gold or silver patterns to me, because what i've seen has brown spots but these dont.

Keenan

son of desertrat
I'm really curious now...was he an Army MP? What was his unit?

He was an Army MP, in the 62nd or 63rd MP Co. in the 25th infantry division, he was a dog handler and his dog was a Russian Wolf Hound. Thats all i know as of now, i'll ask him more when i see him next.

Thanks

Keenan

NobleLoyalGSD
He was an Army MP, in the 62nd or 63rd MP Co. in the 25th infantry division, he was a dog handler and his dog was a Russian Wolf Hound. Thats all i know as of now, i'll ask him more when i see him next.

Thanks

Keenan

Are you sure he wasn't assigned to/near the 27th infantry "Wolfhounds"?

A Russian wolf hound for a U.S. MWD is a bit far-fetched (pun intended).

son of desertrat
Are you sure he wasn't assigned to/near the 27th infantry "Wolfhounds"?

A Russian wolf hound for a U.S. MWD is a bit far-fetched (pun intended).

He may have been in that unit, we cant remember the exact one. The one i put was the unit he was in post was in Okinawa, got them mixed up. But he did have a russian wolf hound. Whats MWD?

Thanks

Keenan

son of desertrat

Also could someone please help with the pattern and price? The vet left them with me and my dad so we could inspect it and come up with a fair price to pay him. So i need to know soon.

Thanks

Keenan

NobleLoyalGSD
He may have been in that unit, we cant remember the exact one. The one i put was the unit he was in post was in Okinawa, got them mixed up. But he did have a russian wolf hound. Whats MWD?

Thanks

Keenan

MWD is just short for Military Working Dog. It's highly unlikely that he had a Russian wolfhound as his K9 in Vietnam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borzoi

Kind regards,

JB

Also could someone please help with the pattern and price? The vet left them with me and my dad so we could inspect it and come up with a fair price to pay him. So i need to know soon.

Thanks

Keenan

BBT.

Come on guys this seems like a reasonable enough request, and I know at least half a dozen of you know the answer to his questions. Maybe I am missing something here, but Keenan isn't one of those people who just discovered the Forum yesterday and wants to now how much he can expect to sell something for at their space in an antique mall.... at least I don't think he is. PM the guy with ball park figure if you don't want the info made public.

Keenan, have you looked through the (very extensive) tiger stripe threads yet? You might at least be able to figure out which pattern these are. If you can't get a $$$ answer here, (and you should be able to), do what everyone else does...look at eBay completed auction prices... or check the prices of online retailers, and then discount your purchase price accordingly.

For my part, these pants look great (wither they are legit or not I can't say).... that small pocket near the knee is very interesting.

OK, Said my peace. Stepping down off the Soap Box.

~JC

You can offer him 200$ for these pants, they are a little cheaper by Ebay but it s a good way to help a vet

I thought about 150 would be a fair market value but don't know enough about the patterns hence why i said nothing I'm assuming this is a regular ts pattern. The lower calf pockets were pretty

Standard.

I thought about 150 would be a fair market value but don't know enough about the patterns hence why i said nothing I'm assuming this is a regular ts pattern. The lower calf pockets were pretty

Standard.

I am with all-bull on this, I don't know enough to give a concrete number, but I was thinking $100 - $200. As Copran said; a good way to help out.

~JC

Corpsmancollector

Standard.

Again, I'm not expert in this area but I would have thought anywhere from $150-200 would be a fair price. Obviously if these were worn 'in country' and you can document them, then possibly more...From my limited experience, I would say the pants look good anyway! I'm sure there are others out there who are more experience and can give a more accurate answer :thumbsup:

Will

If there are any stray dog hairs attached to the pants, save one and get it analysed to just to ensure it's not from a Chihuahua! :wink2:

you should offer less so you still have some meat on the bone, dont ever offer full retail when you can get a more resonable price ;)

maybe $50 - $75

son of desertrat
you should offer less so you still have some meat on the bone, dont ever offer full retail when you can get a more resonable price ;)

maybe $50 - $75

We got a large pile of stuff from the same guy, we were gonna offer him $200 for the whole pile, so theres still some meat!

Thanks

Keenan

thats best way to get a good deal all in one sale, just like the guys on American Pickers, they say they like to bundle stuff and buy the whole lot and make an offer for the pile / bundle

when you buy more they tend to lower the price a little and you end up getting it cheaper

also if it's all from the same vet it helps keep the items together like a grouping, you know the vet and the history behind each piece

manayunkman

Please post it all when you get it.

By the way here is a Vietnam photo of a " Wolfhound " dog handler.

post-51189-1342139785.jpg

son of desertrat

BOLO- All of that is true. The bundling thing is a good idea!

manayunkman- Thanks for the picture! I will post the stuff in a few days! He has a few more items he's going to bring over.

To clarify about the dog, me dad emails him and asked about hte wolfhound, he said that he had a German Shepard in Vietnam and a Russian Wolfhound after the war. How he told us originally it sounded like he had the wolfhound in Vietnam.

Thanks

Keenan

Just to clarify, the vet in question was in Cambodia working with MACV/SOG and ARVN troops clearing an area for an airfield (maybe LZ but he said airfield). He worked with a German Shepherd. During his 2nd tour he had a Shepherd/Russian Wolfhound mix.