Leather machete sheath. Sad part II

artu44

I understand quite well english, french, spanish, portoguese and german and more I know all four letter words in modern greek BUT I LACK BELGIAN FLEMISH!!!!!!

The ebay ads said

SCHEDE VOOR AMERIKAANS KAPMES WO II

ONGEMARKEERD ( HEB NOG EEN IDENTIEKE SCHEDE GEMARKEERD VINNER BROTHERS 1944 N.T.K. )

VOOR MEER FOTO'S MAIL ME

and I was immediately fished from the magic words Viner Brothers and when I got it for less than 20$ I realized God.

Today the postman gave me that machete and I took immediately the magnifying glass to have an orgasm looking that words on this rare variation of Viner Bros M42 sheath with no 1910 hook. I wasn't able to see anything so I planned to go in Belgium and shot the seller after an honest trail. So I came back to the ad and, being no more blind, I realized those damned flemish words mean:

Sheath for american machete WWII

Unmarked ( I have an identical sheath marked Viner Brothers 1944 N.T.K.)

For more pics email me.

The sheath is very well made but what heck is it? I hope only it wouldn't be british.

Gary, Charlie HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-67-1168435929.jpg

post-67-1168435975.jpg

post-67-1168436054.jpg

Charlie Flick

Artu:

That one is a puzzler. It looks like a USGI piece except for the absence of the double hook. Perhaps it was made overseas for US forces, but without any markings it is going to be tough to properly identify. I have not seen one quite like that. Sorry.

Charlie

Sorry to say I have to go along with Charlie on this one. I don't recall seeing one just like this one, would have to guess that it may be post-war European.

Just playing devils advocate here guys surely by the time "Post WW2 European" came about most of the combatants had switched to web hadnt they ?

Regards

Lloyd

Thanks guys. I don't think it could be an european production cause no army , but british one, here never needed a machete which is intended for jungle combat and not as tool. Here army tools are civilian tools appointed by the army. Considering that brit army is marking even the toilet paper with the broad arrow, I think it wouldn't be brit. The age of leather and brass rivets appear actually wartime but of course it could depend on conservation criteria. I hope Charlie would be right thinking to overseas production cause we have some samples of australian made leather goods for US Army&USMC.

I have to decide if put it on an early 1942 belt or resell it on US ebay as "ultrarare and obviously unmarked early WWII USMC australian made machete sheath".

SCHEDE VOOR AMERIKAANS KAPMES WO II

ONGEMARKEERD ( HEB NOG EEN IDENTIEKE SCHEDE GEMARKEERD VINNER BROTHERS 1944 N.T.K. )

VOOR MEER FOTO'S MAIL ME

Ghehe, Dutch... :lol:

Sheath for American machete WW2

Unmarked (I've got a Vinner Brothers 1944 example wich is identical to this one)

Please mail me for more pictures

Ghehe, Dutch... :lol:

Sheath for American machete WW2

Unmarked (I've got a Vinner Brothers 1944 example wich is identical to this one)

Please mail me for more pictures

Yes I did notice too late!!

Thanks guys. I don't think it could be an European production cause no army , but British one, here never needed a machete which is intended for jungle combat and not as tool.

Don't forget the KNIL (Royal Dutch Indonesian Army). We were still in Indonesia after WWII en were in combat till 1950. They used a lot of US and British material. Maybe it made for, and used by the Dutch?

Aad

Don't forget the KNIL (Royal Dutch Indonesian Army). We were still in Indonesia after WWII en were in combat till 1950. They used a lot of US and British material. Maybe it made for, and used by the Dutch?

Aad

It's a strong and desiderable possibilty cause I collect US army stuff and this one dont bear the broad arrow, but why is it unmarked? And why did they use leather in place of web after WWII. This sheath really has a 1942 look.