"Bersayap Tentara" ("Winged Soldiers") Re-enactment Group

odd.bod13

Hi,

Done our first event in May - Bunker Bash, United Kingdom.

Our group portrays the Special Air Service (SAS) in Asia, during the Malaysian Emergency (1948 to 1961), and the Indonesian - Borneo Confrontation (1962 to 1966).

This period of English Military History is often referred to as "Britain's Vietnam"

I have recently established our website, so please be so kind and visit :- Bersayap Tentara (Winged Soldiers)

Best regards,

odd.bod13

post-11575-1341476277.jpg

Nice looking setup lads - just one point of safety - hands over the muzzle of a M-1 carbine can lead to "bad" things, roger? Same for fingers on triggers - remember that many look at our hobby & we should always set the example for safety with any firearm, real, airsoft or replica,

Like the early AR-15 too - where did you get it?

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,

Taken on board the points you raised regarding H & S issues.

The "early M16" is an airsoft replica.........Model reference:- G&P AEG M16VN.

Regards,

Odd.Bod13

Roger & thanks!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Taken on board the points you raised regarding H & S issues.

The "early M16" is an airsoft replica.........Model reference:- G&P AEG M16VN.

Regards,

Odd.Bod13

Health and Safety ......SAS Style

Hands over end of L1A1 SLR barrel.......

George Stainforth (left), who for many months commanded the isolated patrol at Long Jawai in the Third Division of Sarawak, and Eddie Lillico: 1953.

post-11575-1341584896.jpg

Nice job interpreting two often overlooked conflicts! I am particularly interested in the early part of the Malayan Emergency... so it is great to see someone doing living history displays of these conflicts. You guys just need to look a little more worn-out, rough and dirty like your living in the jungle! Again, great work!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi 124 cav,

Many thanks for posting the photos.........very useful reference source.

Regards,

Odd.bod13

Where did you all get the uniforms?

Hi cco23i,

We tend to get our uniforms from UK based Militaria Fairs.......all items being original, and dated from the 50's and 60's.

Original "aertex" shirts / "jungle wrap-round" trousers, are getting more difficult to find. When you do come across them they are usually "small" sized, i.e 28-31 inch waist /34-36 inch chest.

"What Price Glory" in the US, did have some repro-stuff available, not sure if it's still available.

The jungle canvas boots are also difficult to find, usually in a bad state of repair, and you need to go one to two sizes larger to get them to fit with any comfort.

If you are "small sized",and interested in getting hold of any of the uniform please let me know I may be able to help you ?

Regards,

Peter.