Child's Felt & Leather Squadron Patch

GeneralLucas

GeneralLucas

I have had this squadron type patch for sometime and I had always thought it was a Pep Cereal item because of the wording Peppy Pilots but I could never find any info on it. Have anyone ever seen one? It appears to be felt with a leather backing and almost 5 1/4 inches wide. I have included a picture of the back.

post-1658-1341375780.jpg

GeneralLucas
I have had this squadron type patch for sometime and I had always thought it was a Pep Cereal item because of the wording Peppy Pilots but I could never find any info on it. Have anyone ever seen one? It appears to be felt with a leather backing and almost 5 1/4 inches wide. I have included a picture of the back.

back

post-1658-1341375800.jpg

Johnny Signor

Could it be a scholl AF ROTC type , seeing how the "jet" has "east" on it's nose .................................

GeneralLucas
Could it be a scholl AF ROTC type , seeing how the "jet" has "east" on it's nose .................................

Very good take on the patch.

• 3 weeks later...

This is most likely a Wichita East High School (Kansas) Pep Club patch. Wichita East's mascot is the Blue Aces. My mother was in the pep club that was called the Peppy Pilots. She said they didn't have a patch or uniforms when she was there (early50's). The school colors are blue and white. I suspect this was after her time at Wichita East.

Tom

Johnny Signor

Sounds like we may have found a match for the patch , always good to have more then one set of eyes looking or asking around !

If you could find the schools adress if it's still going maybe they would have a years book with a photo of your patch in it

Johnny

GeneralLucas
Well that's good then all he has to do is find a 'contact" and see what they can find on the patch .

Thanks to ithaca37 & Johnny Signor for an ID. I have had this patch for years scratching my head. Gen. Lucas

Johnny Signor

Hey Gen.Lucas, always glad to help when I can, I have a good selection of unknown images in my files that I'm working on too , so I know how it is to have them, it drives ya nuts if you can't figure em out !

If you're good at ID's I can send you some of mine to see if any ring a bell , drop me a PM with your email and I'll send em on to you .

Johnny