US Marine Corps pocket knife

B.A.R.gunner

B.A.R.gunner

i had never seen one of these until now, and so i went home and did a little research and decided $20 wasnt a bad price for it and went back to the store and got it. Its a little salty, the tools are all rusty but they still open fine, and one of the spacers is broken so the screwdriver just opens freely. I learned that there should be markings on the can opener and that the spacers between the tools should be brass. The spacers and the little lanyard hook are brass, but there are no markings ANYWHERE. So is there anyone out there who's more of an expert on these and can give me some info? my understanding is that its post-war but pre-1949.

post-11724-1341333546.jpg

post-11724-1341333555.jpg

Hi,

Your knife is made by Kingston which is normally stamped on the bail. It looks to me to be a WWII knife. Post War? maybe. Not too many people can give a clear explanation as to when they stopped making the military knife. There are commercial utility knives as well that look very similar that might have been made with left over Marine Corps scales. It's a great field of collecting.

Marv