Brigadier General Frank E. Tressler Insignia Grouping

19delta-uav

19delta-uav

A friend of mine picked this up for me today. Its an insignia grouping attributed to Brig. Gen. Frank E. Tressler. The 394th infantry DUIs, and boxed GEMSCO Stars came with one of his business cards tucked in the back. The only problem is that I can't find a thing on this general. There is a state park named after him near the community this came from, but I can't find anything on his history. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also when do you think the insignia is from?

post-3881-1341184962.jpg

Those are some GORGEOUS stars! If I saw them by themselves, I'd definitely say "WW2 vintage", especially with the step-down lip around the edge. I'd love to have those in my collection!

Dave

craig_pickrall

The business card doesn't have a ZIP code so that puts it before 1962.

The business card doesn't have a ZIP code so that puts it before 1962.

not to mention the old-school phone number

19delta-uav

Thanks for the kind words all. Anyone have any info on this guy? Like I said I can't find a thing and I would love to be able to connect some dots.

• 2 weeks later...
infinitig35
A friend of mine picked this up for me today. Its an insignia grouping attributed to Brig. Gen. Frank E. Tressler. The 394th infantry DUIs, and boxed GEMSCO Stars came with one of his business cards tucked in the back. The only problem is that I can't find a thing on this general. There is a state park named after him near the community this came from, but I can't find anything on his history. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also when do you think the insignia is from?

As a teenager, in about 1954, I purchased a pair of Brigadier General's stars, much like the set you have shown, except the box with a clear cellophane window was much larger. The retail sales package was I believe about 4-inches by 5 or 6-inches, printed in blue with I think the GEMSCO hallmark or trade mark in gold, so too on the sales card inside of the box. I suspect, the box you have predated the 1950s, perhaps in the late 1940s.

Has anyone else seen the small sales package shown here?

post-9136-1342922029.jpg

manayunkman

Sometimes the simplicity of a few quality items brings much satisfaction.

Cool grouping.

The insignia all look WW2 to me.

M