USMC Female Summer Green and White uniform

b_hinch

Picked up at thrift store today. My knowledge is very limited on female uniforms, but I believe this is Vietnam era? Will probably offer for sale but don't really know a fair asking price. Has removable buttons and white chevrons. I've seen pictures but never in person. This is not a listing to sell, I may keep it! But any enlightenment would be appreciated.

post-8602-1340933257.jpg

shrapneldude

I concur - Vietnam era. Nice set! As to asking price, VN era woman's items for some reason don't seem to be nearly as valuable as WWII era of the same type. Still, it's a tough set to find.

Hey, thanks. Yes, I know this isn't in the league of a WW2 uniform, but it definitely caught my eye when I saw it on the rack. The white USMC chevrons w/green on white pinstripes is unique indeed! I don't own any female uniforms but just might hang on to this. Would still love to know dates in service.

shrapneldude
Hey, thanks. Yes, I know this isn't in the league of a WW2 uniform, but it definitely caught my eye when I saw it on the rack. The white USMC chevrons w/green on white pinstripes is unique indeed! I don't own any female uniforms but just might hang on to this. Would still love to know dates in service.

I say hang onto it - you're not going to find too many more of these. Besides, 80% of the ones I've seen have had the little cotter pins on the back make rust stains on the material and yours appears clean. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I say hang onto it - you're not going to find too many more of these. Besides, 80% of the ones I've seen have had the little cotter pins on the back make rust stains on the material and yours appears clean. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It does look very clean. I agree. Hang onto it!

Congrats on a great find....Kat

The DPSC contract tells us this seersucker uniform was made after 1964 and these were worn up until about 1978 and officially declared obsolete in 1982. Because the green buttons are removable for cleaning, these are often found without the buttons.

@Forum Support - thanks! 1982, wow! Didn't expect that. I guess I just missed these when I enlisted in '85. Great info!

Nice BAM uniform.

I remember them being worn when I was in, but they were moving to having them wear same type as males soon after I got out (1976). I've got a USN one from the same era.

Terry

This is a good find, and you can always tell by the feedback. If these members tell you to hang onto something.......do it! :lol: