Vietnam camo SOG or SF jacket

Copran

And this brings us full circle. Concerning any rare item, especially relating to SOG, provenance is what makes me sleep better. Fortunately, the SOG items in my collection were acquired directly from the SOG veteran or I directly watched the transaction happen through another person before I was able to purchase it.

Full circle exactly. A modified jungle jacket is a "modified jungle jacket". A modified jungle jacket with incontestable provenance linking the piece to a SOG vet is a "SOG modified jungle jacket".

This is why collectors are willing to pay exponentially more for verified pieces.

I've seen many posts on this forum of amazing unattributed pieces, and they are cool to own and look at, but they just are not on the same spectrum as documented items.

Mike Tucker,

I've had dreams about that SOG jacket you posted. Thank you for sharing!

---Chris

"the Nam is very interesting !"

Agreed!

It's cool to see so many Vietnam posts on this forum over the last year.

At some point I would like to see this forum develop the current categories into historical time periods, with a category for Vietnam/Cold War. Not sure there are enough posts or members to support a breakout like this without feeling thinned out.

Also, if this were to happen, what would the majority prefer..... Item>Time Period or Time Period>Items. It would be interesting to do a vote and see. Does this functionality exist?

---Chris

This image is one of the two zippers that were placed inside the bellow area of the breast pockets.

And the modifications are tailored and clean. Very nice! (I get the jacket in the photo he shared with us! right!?)

My understanding is that it was done quite a bit on SOG.

You'll need to look up the name in Sherman's Who's Who of MACV-SOG.

I checked...didnt found that name

The books arnt 100% there are still names missing in his books

paul

Yeah, i know but still its best source for foreigner like me :)

• 1 month later...
pwmiraldi67

one of 2 of my legit documented over the fence shirts, this one named to WYNN and features four pockets with the smaller pockets being moved to the sleeves, larger pockets on the breasts, shoulder loops extended beneath the sleeve pockets, and the best feature elastic around both the waist and cuffs. WYNNs name is in the collar, curtisy of Vintage productions :)

thanks Bob!!!!

P

post-2472-1239252240.jpg

pwmiraldi67
Thats a killer jacket Paul,Thanks for posting

RD

Hey RD

thanks!! ive got some close up shots some where, it seems like if I take the photo and try and post it its too large so Ive got to get a print made, scan the print then post ARRRRGH I wish i had a 10 year old here to show me how to post photos LOL!!!!

post-2472-1239255857.jpg

post-2472-1239255997.jpg