Presidential Unit Citation Variations

CNY Militaria

• 1 month later...

Here is an in-country made PUC that was with some other Vietnamese made ribbons (BS, ARCOM, Nat.Def. Vietnam Service, Vietnam Camp. with 67-68 date bar). Vet acquired. Coarse weave, streaked/stained ribbons typical of this type of manufacture. Heavily soldered nail style pins. Thin poorly detailed frame. Note the "oak leaves" on the MUC that was also in the set!

post-895-0-14136200-1354673377.jpg

post-895-0-34021100-1354673398.jpg

• 3 months later...

This one is pinned to a USAAF ATC uniform from the CBI. It has a large non-standard pin so therefore possibly theatre-made?

post-8022-0-87589000-1363865020.jpg

post-8022-0-22390100-1363865031.jpg

• 2 months later...

Those look a lot like the ones I wore in the Pats. That being said the ones pictured also look like some that my father picked up ether in Europe or Korea I don't know which. I also will add that members of Princess Pats are VERY proud of the PUC.

Wharfmaster

Those look a lot like the ones I wore in the Pats. That being said the ones pictured also look like some that my father picked up ether in Europe or Korea I don't know which. I also will add that members of Princess Pats are VERY proud of the PUC.

I would guess most US members have limited knowledge of the PPCLI, Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry.

The 2nd Bn PPCLI was awarded the US PUC for the Battle of Kapyong in Korea in 1951. They earned it and should be proud.

Too bad we don't have an Allied Services Section. Would love to see some Canadian groups.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

What's with the arrowhead?

A PUC that was awarded to a unit for actions in an Amphibous Assault perhaps? an unautherized appication without a doubt. The D-Day Regiments of the 1st, 4th and 29th Inf 82nd and 101st come to mind, plus a few from the Pacific.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone seen this unit citation setup? Would it be a unit mobilized for occupation duty? It's neat at any rate, any opinions appreciated.

post-157723-0-41056500-1424908705.jpg

post-157723-0-67371700-1424908714.jpg

Has anyone seen this unit citation setup? Would it be a unit mobilized for occupation duty? It's neat at any rate, any opinions appreciated.

Army of Occupation Citation? Hmm don't think so, I guess it,s a real period theater made ribbon of the sew on type that some one down the line added a frame to.

• 11 months later...

Hello,

Here is a model worn in France by the units of the 2nd French Armored Division (General Leclerc). This is not the tissue but a sticker ...

army_p10.jpg

Jerôme

• 1 month later...
firefighter

The slimmer frame looks like the NAVY/AF style.Not sure why the Occupation ribbon though.

• 4 years later...

Took out all of my Army Distinguished Unit Citations for a group shot. Most are theatre made variations. Hope you enjoy.

Kyle

post-537-0-21631900-1586048130_thumb.jpegpost-537-0-56463400-1586048145_thumb.jpeg