Presidential Unit Citation Variations

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

I have been picking up interesting PUC variations out of insignia boxes around here lately. The top left I believe to be German made and has a silver in color frame. The ones below it I also tend to associate with theater made--perhaps British? The top right two are the standard US made ones. I have more interesting variations packed away that I will photograph soon.

In the meantime, please show your PUC's!

DSCN5636.JPG

I have been picking up interesting PUC variations out of insignia boxes around here lately. The top left I believe to be German made and has a silver in color frame. The ones below it I also tend to associate with theater made--perhaps British? The top right two are the standard US made ones. I have more interesting variations packed away that I will photograph soon.

In the meantime, please show your PUC's!

Very interesting. Do you know what the I country WWII period pieces from the the Philippines would look like and who the makers were? Joe

I have been looking for an embroidered one on WWII officers green fabric with bullion, I have one on summer khaki

CNY Militaria
Very interesting. Do you know what the I country WWII period pieces from the the Philippines would look like and who the makers were? Joe

I am not sure what the Pacific made PUCs would look like, I'd love to see an example!

Thanks for the posting!

Here's one I have that I assume is British made. Just noticed that the fellow put his initials on the back!

Kim

post-60-1340554197.jpg

post-60-1340554206.jpg

Here are three that I have. Nothing special, nice variations. The top and bottom ones are plastic coated. The middle one has a 1/2 " ribbon.

The bottom one is a Wolf-Brown clutchback without a frame. I have read somewhere that some AAF PUC's were issued without frames. It came from the estate of a WW2 AAF pilot. It was the only thing his widow would part with. I know, buy the item, not the story.

Any comments on PUC's without frames? Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

post-12790-1340556315.jpg

post-12790-1340556324.jpg

CNY Militaria

I once had a Wolf Brown PUC like the one you show, but the frame was loose because of sliding on the plastic. I wonder if the frame fell off?

I once had a Wolf Brown PUC like the one you show, but the frame was loose because of sliding on the plastic. I wonder if the frame fell off?

Definitely a possibility, thanks CNY Militaria. I wish that I could remember where I read about PUC's without frames....but then again, I can't remember what I had for breakfast!! Thanks again, Al.

CNY Militaria

Interesting French variations. I was also unaware that French troops could be awarded a PUC.

DutchInfid3l

Here is my only "interesting" variation...

It's enamel on brass? with a ready made hole for a device. I had posted a long time ago and the consensus was then that it was German made.

002-5.jpg

001-6.jpg

Here are three that I have. Nothing special, nice variations. The top and bottom ones are plastic coated. The middle one has a 1/2 " ribbon.

The bottom one is a Wolf-Brown clutchback without a frame. I have read somewhere that some AAF PUC's were issued without frames. It came from the estate of a WW2 AAF pilot. It was the only thing his widow would part with. I know, buy the item, not the story.

Any comments on PUC's without frames? Thanks, Al Hirschler in Dallas.

The one without a frame isn't a PUC at all. It's the Civil Air Patrol "Air Search and Rescue Ribbon". In fact, the all blue ribbon without a frame is a "generic", ribbon possibly used by several military outfits such military schools, and State Guards. I believe it's even used by the National Guard in some states.

• 3 months later...
Got da Penny

Heres Mine to ADD to the thread ....... ****** Lets PIN THIS THREAD as reference please ******

post-633-1349139286.jpg

post-633-1349139306.jpg