USMF T SHIRTS

Bob Hudson

USMC t shirt design survey  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a style

• I like #1
    • I like #2
  2. 2. What size would you buy (you can pick more than 1)

• SMALL S
    • MEDIUM M
    • LARGE L
    • EXTRA LARGE XL
    • VERY LARGE 2XL

Same concept simplified. Would want to make it a little better if you wanted it because it only took me 10 min. But can be printed on more than one color shirt and can be run on a 1 color screen print. Can even rough it up a bit to make it look worn.

Sorry when I see a design problem being asked i feel compelled to solve it :)

In this case for universal appeal I dont think adding is the solution, rather subtraction. If you start adding more items then the gun collector can say wheres the gun and the knife collector can say wheres the knife.

I will only agree to having helmets in the design if the items I'm interested in including FO/GO uniforms, personality items, and yard long Navy unit photos from WW1 are also represented.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(P.S. I wear a lot of grey t-shirts...white ones don't stay nice for too long...)

I like jkash's design! can i change my vote to "other"?

i think simplier is better .... just make different colored shirts to compensate

Ryan

For those of us (perhaps scarce and rare) who do not wear clothing which advertises anything, I would actually buy and proudly wear #2 on a white T - it's more reserved.

It would probably cost more, but just an idea:

Have the smaller #2 on the front justified to one side, and #1 on the back? It would be a way to utilize both.

I also agree with the others above! Colors would be good too! OD/Khaki?

x2 :thumbsup:

Mercenary25

I like kasha's design! Simplification is always better. I would grab a black T-shirt with this design in white. And maybe black on khaki.

x2 :thumbsup:

I think the general consensus is that we would rather have more choices of color, as white is not a common (or liked) color for clothes....

Changing the logo to jkash's and do an all black or white letterings depending in the color of shirt would be nice,

As i believe the color choice would increase the sales revenue and the simplier black lettering allows it to appeal to a wider group

Ryan

I noticed most choose extra large! Are we in need of some boot camp training! :D

Cheers,

Mike

Ha ha, Mike...I saw that the graph of sizes was "heavily-weighted" toward the larger sizes.

When I started on this forum, I was on the maximum end of the spectrum...now...it is MEDIUM for me!!

I noticed most choose extra large! Are we in need of some boot camp training! :D

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Mike,

I resemble that! :lol:

Mr. 2XL

I like kasha's design! Simplification is always better. I would grab a black T-shirt with this design in white. And maybe black on khaki.

Im with you on this too!....black on a white shirt or white on a black shirt...i would buy one of each!....mike

I think drop the "Collectors" and just have "Preserving History". It seems to flow better.

I don't know, then it sounds like we're running a museum or are a reenactor group or something

Ryan.

I will only agree to having helmets in the design if the items I'm interested in including FO/GO uniforms, personality items, and yard long Navy unit photos from WW1 are also represented.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(P.S. I wear a lot of grey t-shirts...white ones don't stay nice for too long...)

Seriously guys, I was only joking about the helmet. I think though that some old web gear in the design would be better.... joking! I still like the first design.

I like the initial design as well, and think the canvas bit with the U.S. stamp is simple, generic enough to encompass the niches of collecting that many of us prefer. Just not keen on the white T's.

I applaud someone for taking the bull by the horns and doing this shirt. I know that white shirts are generally cheaper to purchase and since someone is going to be out on a limb for the cost, let them choose what they want to do and get something on our backs (actually, fronts might be more accurate).

After all, if you had the idea, you knew the colors to get better than this fellow, then where are the shirts??

TEXCEN

The Meatcan

excellent idea to do a USMF shirt! And I think we've seen several follow-on good ideas too.

Here's my two bits worth:

• The original idea to use the stencil-looking equipment-style "U.S." is brilliant!
  • I like jkash's logo layout style for it's compactness and readibility.
  • Jim Baker's thought on wording sounds good to me.
  • I'd love to see a khaki shirt with black logo and/or OD shirt with white logo.

Can't wait to see how this all turns out! Again, excellent ideas from all over The Forum!

kudos to Forum Support for kicking this off :thumbsup:

Terry

I would love to see a khaki shirt with black logo too. White not only shows every little bit of dirt, I think it looks 'cheaper'

I love jkash's design!

Corpsmancollector

I too applaud those spearheading this idea and putting it out for consultation, bravo FS! :thumbsup:

There's been some great suggestions and it definitely seems like a 'go-er'. My opinion is that although I like the first 2 designs posted (number 2 would look better on the left, as others have stated), I think jkash's first design is excellent. I like it's simplicity, the military style font and it could be applied to any colour t-shirt. I'd love to see it white on a black t-shirt or vice versa, or white on navy would look great too. I think the key is to keep it basic and not to over-complicate the design, which would hopefully keep costs down too.

Will

I am a screen printer by trade I'm not in the US so I can't help with printing, but I can give a couple of pointers, the original design will only work as either a digital print or a 4 colour process print, a digital print isn't really practical for a large run and is often less durable than a regular screen print, a four colour process is often expensive and you won't always get the print the same as the image supplied due to the half tones that are needed to produce the print, it will also mean you will pay for a minimum of 4 screens/setups pushing the cost up, a 1 colour or more spot colour print is normally a much better option, with any print keeping it simple is often a much better way of doing things, trying to do something to fancy can push the costs up or not turn out as good as you would have liked.

I like the initial design as well, and think the canvas bit with the U.S. stamp is simple, generic enough to encompass the niches of collecting that many of us prefer. Just not keen on the white T's.

X2.