Early Painted MICH from CGF

Nkomo

I have had this helmet for a bit and am just now getting around to posting it. I was photographing a few displays for my gear thread in the Display section. I grabbed this helmet because it was handy and also an early model that would have been correct for the PBPV II I was taking pictures of. After the pictures were done and I was taking the helmet back inside, I noticed the drawing on the side.

I am not going to say what I think it is. I want to get a couple more opinions as well. Please tell me what you think the drawing is of.

The helmet is a size Medium TC-2000. Date of manufacture is 12-2001. Oddly enough, this helmet is named.

026.JPG

Side view with drawing underneath the paint. I'm pretty sure everyone will figure out what the drawing is of fairly quickly. When I saw the drawing, I laughed.

029.JPG

Mercenary25

Neat helmet. The drawing looks like the crusader shield. The crusader symbols were popular with US troops overseas.

Neat helmet. The drawing looks like the crusader shield. The crusader symbols were popular with US troops overseas.

Yep. That is exactly what I thought it was as well, Merc. :thumbsup: I showed it to my daughter and she failed to see the humor in the drawing.

Mercenary25

One FOB in Afghanistan actually flew the Templar flag until some generals ordered it to be taken down. US is trying to stop soldiers from using the crusader symbol because it is giving the wrong message to the people we worked so hard to win their hearts and minds.

I, on other hand, always find it humorous.