Colonel Vincent W Bezich 501st Airborne

jim2

A close up of his ribbons:

post-100-1200952591.jpg

Whats interesting is that even though he was entitled to the Belgian & French fourragere he did not wear them. He was also entitled to an aircraft crewman's badge but did not wear it.

Col. Bezich didn't wear his aircrewman badge as he and my dad (a master aviator) would tease each other about it.

I had Col Bezich's para side cap from the 50s era for a few years, obtained it from ebay, a couple of years ago i gave it to a friend who collects named 101st items and he is now the caretaker...here are some pics from when it was in my possession...thanks...mike

post-350-1310307570.jpg

post-350-1310307583.jpg

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old thread but has any other uniforms been found or collected that were from Col. Bezich's estate.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I am Lara Bezich, I am Col. Bezich's granddaughter. My aunt sold his uniforms without our family's permission. I'm glad they are in good hands and being appreciated. Thank you all for taking care of them. I have a lot of photos of my PopPop that I will share. My other aunt has them and is in the process of making copies. Once I get them back I will scan them in to share. Here is one.

124273838_3559461687445576_6750578112301069686_n.jpg

Welcome to the Forum Lara and Thank you for sharing his photos.

From the above first  photo you posted of him he is now in the post war period a member of the Coast Artillery Corps and without a doubt an Anti Aircraft Artilleryman, Anti Aircraft Artillery in the 30s and during WWII fell under the Coast Artillery, the Coast Artillery itself was disestablished sometime in 1950, with the Anti Aircraft Artillery now merged if you will with the Field Artillery, who then wear the Crossed Cannons without that Shell device in the center.

The Coast Artillery Corps Insignia for Officers         The Field Artillery Insignia for Officers.

imaes.jpg.7eae20e7c887f15cbfb7a2f7427ccf42.jpg                     inex.jpg.cc6fd2e726ec51220f901e3022aed3e8.jpg

He's mentioned on Page 57 of this PDF of a copy of the The Antiaircraft Journal. Volume 94, Number 3, May-June 1951 in the Officers Orders Section, he is being transferred to the 11th Airborne Division's 88th Airborne Anti Aircraft Battalion at Fort Campbell Kentucky.

GOOGLE Search Box put

The Antiaircraft Journal. Volume 94, Number 3, May ... - Dtic

15 hours ago, larabezich said:

I am Lara Bezich, I am Col. Bezich's granddaughter. My aunt sold his uniforms without our family's permission. I'm glad they are in good hands and being appreciated. Thank you all for taking care of them. I have a lot of photos of my PopPop that I will share. My other aunt has them and is in the process of making copies. Once I get them back I will scan them in to share. Here is one.

124273838_3559461687445576_6750578112301069686_n.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Lara! Can't wait to see the other photos :)

Laura,

Thank you for sharing this picture. We certainly look forward to any other photos you wish to share.

As you can see, we are all intrigued by your grandfather's service and military history. From the stories re-told here, it seems like his men and colleagues thought the world of him, as I'm sure you did too. It's great to have a family's perspective of the way artifacts from the individuals are being handled. If there are any questions we can help you with, please feel free to post them here or send in private through the messenger system on your account.

Kind regards,

Steve

"River Patrol"