colt employee badge

brad k

I just saw one of these sell on ebay so thought I would post mine, the one on ebay was white, I guess they were colour coded, it sold for $120. I don't know anything about this guy,looks like a security guard hat. I got it at a gun show a few years ago, I think it's pretty neat that he attached his "E" pin to it.post-195-1200890510.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Fred Borgmann
That is really neat with his production award pin attached!

BKW

I would guess the award was given to the company and all the employees got a pin which this fellow or the company had mounted on the id pin or pins. I have seen a factury guards badge with a similar award mounted on it thought I am not 100% convinced that it was a genuine combination. I think your illustrated badge is genuine without a doubt. Fred

Fred Borgmann
I would guess the award was given to the company and all the employees got a pin which this fellow or the company had mounted on the id pin or pins. I have seen a factury guards badge with a similar award mounted on it thought I am not 100% convinced that it was a genuine combination. I think your illustrated badge is genuine without a doubt. Fred

Here is the badge I mentioned above. Based on looks and makers mark I would guess this badge to have been made 1970 or later. So does anyone know how long the Navy E awards were issued after WWII? Thanks , Fred

post-591-1202943421.jpg

The Navy "E" is still issued to ships to this day. But...maybe your badge is showing the historical award of the Navy "E"? Or just the "E" itself?

That Colt badge is very cool.

• 15 years later...

I understand this is an old topic but I’ve searched the WWW’s plenty. This topic is the only one that shows. 

Does anyone have any new info or seen any other ID badges like the one posted. The linked topic no longer works, for me. 

image.jpeg.f4f8cfd7f50228bae1949dfd2887ed7b.jpeg