Still Flying Yesterday

noworky

Surprisingly there are quite a few nice old war birds owned here in Southeast Idaho. Yesterday John Bagley the owner of Legacy Flight Museum in Rexburg Idaho put on his yearly free air show and it was pretty darn decent especially for the price! John owns a bunch of real nice planes including Bob Hoover's 'ole yeller' P-51 which flew yesterday. Here are four pictures of my favorites that flew, enjoy!

'ole yeller' Owner: John Bagley

'Section Eight' Owner: Jeff Driscoll

'Mormon Mustang' Owner: John Bagley

'P-63 King Cobra' Owner: John Bagley

oleyeller1204x903.jpg

section81216x912.jpg

mormonmustang1334x973.jpg

0381204x903.jpg

Those are nice! One can't beat a free airshow with vintage WWII fighters. :thumbsup:

Zeph

Why the confusion? The first post identifies it as a P-63.

It is a P-63 one of only three that still fly.

Since you guys like to look at the vintage war birds I decided to post a few more from a couple years ago. John Bagley let me get right out on the run way with my camera and they flew about 10' over my head one of the biggest thrills I've had. The one picture is of my good friend Hero Shiosaki who was a NISEI in the 442 RCT from 1942 to 1945 he's with his old Blackfoot Idaho classmate from grade school retired Brigadier General Roland Wright the original pilot of the Mormon Mustang. Both these guys are 93 and doing well I try to get Hero out of his assisted living home a couple times a week and I saw General Wright at the air show this past Saturday and he told me he had golfed 18 holes the day before! General Wright received the DFC for shooting down a ME-262. Also in the one picture you can see General Wright sitting back seat in the new Mormon Mustang, John Bagley took him for an up close and personal look at the top of the Grand Tetons; General Wright told me if there wouldn't have been a canopy there he could have reached out and touched them!

scan00011074x826.jpg

P-51s17821084x689.jpg

P-51s1521728x1152.jpg

P-51s15021127x729.jpg

P-51s144.jpg

P-51s141.jpg