Aluminum Overcast

Jim Baker

It was nice to see this great old plane fly over the house a few times today. I got to take a flight on her a few years ago. It was a great experience.

post-78-1339887693.jpg

post-78-1339887700.jpg

The sound of those engines got me running out the door when it was here a few years ago. Last time it was here it didn't fly over my house.

carbinephalen

It almost transports you back to a time and place 68 years ago! One of the greatest experiences I've ever had was spent on that plane! Walking that narrow walkway in the bomb bays with the doors open you can just imagine being 10,000 feet over Germany.

The sound of those engines got me running out the door when it was here a few years ago. Last time it was here it didn't fly over my house.

I'm pretty lucky because I live along the front range and when they give rides they pretty much fly the same route every time. I guess because it's more scenic and of course DIA is to the east. They flew directly over my house three times today, and like you said, the sound of those engines is unmistakable.

Another treat is when the F16's do fly overs in formation out of Buckley. Very cool, and very loud. Many times during football season, they will fly over because of the Bronco games.

Here is a shot I took from the radio operators position when I flew on the Overcast.

post-78-1339892408.jpg

USMC RAIDER COLLECTOR

I got to crawl around in that plane many years ago at an air show in Tennessee. I also got to go into the Memphis Belle when I was a kid. It used to set in a park in Memphis and you could go crawl around in it. The old girl paid a heavy price for that. It really got abused by the locals. Thanks for sharing..