Medical Supplies - Items used to fill the kits

Please enter items of Medical Supplies, not the web gear, but the bandages, band aids, any item that would be in a vehicle 12-24 item box, medics bags or what have you. Please do nice close ups of the printing and different makers.

This is a small sterilizer that was used in MD and dentist's pouches and may have been used from WWI to early WWII:

sterilelamp.jpg

sterileopen.jpg

sterileboxed.jpg

Bob your streilizer is most definately WWII, it is listed in WWII period part listings. Attached is a period pic of an officer's medic bags, note the sterilizer.

post-56-1168387325.jpg

I was able to find only this small J&J roll and I wonder why they used also the words "Tela adhesiva". BTW I'm looking for a WWI roll to complete my footpowder pouch. Any clue?

post-67-1169213377.jpg

post-67-1169213473.jpg

Not sure where you would find a WW1, some of mine are pretty old but not sure of the dates. I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to help.

The first roll I purchased was the large "SEAMLESS RUBBER Co." from, believe it or not, General Apathy(Lewis) at a Militaria Fair in Malvern,UK.

The large "BAY'S, PARKE DAVIS & Co" was found at the WAR AND PEACE MILITARY SHOW at Beltring,UK , all the others came in one hit from a seller on Ebay including the large "JOHNSON and JOHNSON" dated November 1941 all for $35 including postage to the UK.

I suppose that WWI rolls suitable for the footpowder pouch would be the large ones as per this pic of the period.

post-67-1169225522.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.