spagg

EGA Help. WWII or what?

I was offered this, not sure if it's a WWII piece or not? I'm not up on my EGA's, so any help wpuld be appreciated. This is the only photo I have for now. I hope the photo comes up OK!

Thanks,

Sal

post-10083-1339691394.jpg

I was offered this, not sure if it's a WWII piece or not? I'm not up on my EGA's, so any help wpuld be appreciated. This is the only photo I have for now. I hope the photo comes up OK!

Thanks,

Sal

It is OK - but I'm not sure what the price is these days for single officer's service EGA like that. It would depend in part upon if there's a maker's mark on the back, but generally I'd expect the value would be under $30.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif

It is a Service emblem (H&H variety) that would be worn on the left collar of the service alpha greens. It appears to be mounted to Sun Helmet, very inappropriate. The barracks service cover emblem was prescribed for us on the sun helmets, here is what the H&H barracks cover looks like, to its right (viewers) is a Meyers example

post_31_1178181109.jpg

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

It is OK - but I'm not sure what the price is these days for single officer's service EGA like that. It would depend in part upon if there's a maker's mark on the back, but generally I'd expect the value would be under $30.

Thank you.

Sak

It is a Service emblem (H&H variety) that would be worn on the left collar of the service alpha greens. It appears to be mounted to Sun Helmet, very inappropriate. The barracks service cover emblem was prescribed for us on the sun helmets, here is what the H&H barracks cover looks like, to its right (viewers) is a Meyers example

It's mounted on a dated 1943 US Pith Helmet. Thanks for the info.

Sal