American helmets in Normandy museums.

Sabrejet

Thanks for taking the time to post all of these Ian! I have seen most of them in person at the museums and you did a great job of photographing them from behind glass! Some spectacular helmets there, although I think you're right about some of the displays, I see a few that appear to possibly be re-creations for the purposes of display. I may be wrong but some seem just too perfect or mint to be originals.

Thanks again, it was a great virtual tour for those of us who couldnt make Normandy this year!

Cheers,

Rick

Thanks for taking the time to post all of these Ian! I have seen most of them in person at the museums and you did a great job of photographing them from behind glass! Some spectacular helmets there, although I think you're right about some of the displays, I see a few that appear to possibly be re-creations for the purposes of display. I may be wrong but some seem just too perfect or mint to be originals.

Thanks again, it was a great virtual tour for those of us who couldnt make Normandy this year!

Cheers,

Rick

I will second that Ian, you went through a great deal of time and effort in posting these collections, not to mention taking all these photos, we appreciate it.

General "Jumpin" Jim Gavin's helmet.

post-8022-1339350817.jpg

Ian or others, what is that thing on the side of Gavin's helmet ? is it a Insignia of some sorts ? it almost looks like a VII Corps Patch type crest.

Ian or others, what is that thing on the side of Gavin's helmet ? is it a Insignia of some sorts ? it almost looks like a VII Corps Patch type crest.

I think it is Patches...either that or a lucky quarter!! :lol: