Antwerp Deputy Port Commander's Grouping--Later Became a Major General

CNY Militaria

manayunkman

I finally was able to get my hands on this.

Part of a V-1 Buzz Bomb that hit London.

I got it from a B-17 pilot who was on leave in London.

He went to the roof of the hotel with the fire watchers.

They saw the buzz bomb on its way in and watched it crash with a large explosion that put them back a little.

They were the first ones there and my pilot grabbed this piece and burned his hand.

Took a while for it to cool off but he got it.

post-51189-1342820905.jpg

• 1 year later...

This is an amazing group! Somehow I missed it when it was originally posted, so I'm glad it was brought back to the top.

Justin, have you been able to track down any more of this group?

CNY Militaria

Beast, I have not seen anything else on the market from this group, but I wouldn't doubt there is more out there somewhere!

• 4 years later...

Although many of the links to pictures are broken i can still see enough to completely agree that, especially as an Antwerp resident, this is very interesting. Thank you very much for your efforts to share all of this with us.

Could you perhaps dig up any of the missing images and share them once more, here or just to me? Particularly those relating to the V-weapons are of interest for my activities within the NPO behind the Antwerp Bunkermuseum (www.bunkervliegtuigarcheo.com).

Regards,

Olivier

CNY Militaria

Although many of the links to pictures are broken i can still see enough to completely agree that, especially as an Antwerp resident, this is very interesting. Thank you very much for your efforts to share all of this with us.

Could you perhaps dig up any of the missing images and share them once more, here or just to me? Particularly those relating to the V-weapons are of interest for my activities within the NPO behind the Antwerp Bunkermuseum (www.bunkervliegtuigarcheo.com).

Regards,

Olivier

Thanks for posting. I sold this group about 4 years ago.

I did not realize they still work if i copy the URL, they just do not all show up in the post. A bit more effort but well worth it, thanks again!

Regards,

Olivier