75mm cloverleaf wanted

Guys, I'm in need of one of these "clover leafs". They were used to hold 3 cardboard tubes together while shipping 75mm ammo. I'm putting together a howitzer display, and I need one more to finish.

MVC_118S.JPG

They turn up in Europe a lot- I have seen some trash pits dug out with scads of the suckers. The problem is convincing someone in Europe thatyou actually WANT one of them as they get looked upon as junk. (One man's junk....)

Maybe one of the European members can help you out...

Rob, have you considered trying to cast one? Brownell's carries low melting temp metal called Cerrosafe. It melts in boling water and is easy to use. A pound of a Cerrosafe and some clay for a mold might be an expedient way to fix up your display until you can find the real thing.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/pro...st=cerro&s=

There's some guy on the UK ww2 reenactors forum who has a place in Normandy France, I believe he has been digging these up. There are some guys on this forum who uses this site. I will try to find out for you.

There's some guy on the UK ww2 reenactors forum who has a place in Normandy France, I believe he has been digging these up. There are some guys on this forum who uses this site. I will try to find out for you.

I think BC312 is thinking of this guy

http://www.ivyhousefrance.com/

Oh it's you Glen, i been wondering who it was think.gif I have also seen these at the War and peace show Beltring. They are about so don't worry, i have put out a wanted request using your picture robinb on the UK WW2 reenactors forum.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for all of the help! Hopefully someone is willing to part with just one of them.

These turn up on ebay all the time as trench art ashtray stands. Dave