FINALLY.......American Body Armor black vest

Nkomo

Corpsmancollector

Hey Arch,

Great pick ups! I'm glad you were able to add an item to your collection that you'd been searching long and hard for :thumbsup:

I hope the job situation improves for your family, I'm sure something will turn up! Try to stay positive in the meantime. Looks like the little guy will keep you busy though, he's adorable. And definitely in good hands!

Will

Great score Arch.Always nice to scratch things off the list.Thats to bad about your wife and her job.I agree doesnt make sense at all when talking to people I know in the heath care bussiness they are short on qualified people.Most here are way over worked and under appreciated.Sadly health care has become more about big business than people.Even the retirement homes/care centers here are more of a busiss being owned by a couple large corporation.

Looks like Jacks is in good hands.It was meant to be.Some one knew you and the wife were in need of a friend and one was found.

Take care.

RD

joefriday22

Arch great find on the vest. Looks great. The shirt is a nice pick up too.

Also great pickup on the pup. Glad he found a good home.

If you are up to moving east (Central Virginia) there are jobs available. My wife is a nursing supervisor and currently working 50 to 60 hours a week because of nursing shortages. I don't think she has worked less than 45 or so hours per week in the last few years. Top rated medical facility as well.

Teacher jobs are available but harder to find. I'm unsure how your quals match up. You can probably find out on the web fairly easily.

PS: If you make the move then we can hook up in your spare time and visit the 15 or so military bases with in a days drive. FT Bragg, FT Lee, Camp Lejeune, Norfolk / VA Beach just to name a few.

Great vest Arch...congratulations on the find...and I'm with Craig on this one.

Best wishes for a successful job search.
God Bless.
Rob

Just picked up on this thread...I was in Normandy when it was first posted. Sorry to hear about your employment woes. Public service spending cuts are biting deep..on both sides of the pond! Seems that what were once secure jobs for life no longer are! It's scandalous that highly educated people with so much to give back to the society which educated them...can't! I trust it's just a temporary state of affairs which will soon resolve itself. I wish you and Mrs Arch well.

Ian :thumbsup:

(Recently retired school-teacher!)

Well.....some good news. My wife just got hired as a nurse at a local place. Pay is almost the same, but the nicest part is no more midnight shifts and the job is much eaier physically. I am also waiting to hear back from the state about a possible job with an agency that deals with special needs children from birth to three years old. Fingers crossed and paryers said.

Again, I'd like to thank all of you who have said prayers or kept my family in your prayers. I have been on this forum for years now and the members never cease to amaze me with their kindness. :thumbsup:

Another version without the chest strap. From what I was told, the chest strap indicates USAF CCT usage. This version would have been used by US Army Special Forces or US Navy SEALs.

020.JPG

i want buy the ABA vest

help me

The black modular ABA vests used to be relatively easy to find on Ebay, but have become increasingly difficult to source as of late.

Well.....some good news. My wife just got hired as a nurse at a local place. Pay is almost the same, but the nicest part is no more midnight shifts and the job is much eaier physically. I am also waiting to hear back from the state about a possible job with an agency that deals with special needs children from birth to three years old. Fingers crossed and paryers said.

Again, I'd like to thank all of you who have said prayers or kept my family in your prayers. I have been on this forum for years now and the members never cease to amaze me with their kindness. :thumbsup:

Excellent news! :thumbsup:

Thanks for asking, AH. Jackson is doing GREAT! He has really fit in well with our other dogs. He has his hair back, scabs are gone, and is gaining weight. He is a sweet dog and I can't figure out why someone mistreated him. Whatever the case, we are his "forever" family now and he is loved. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

That's a very nice thing to read on a Monday morning (at work ... but don't tell anyone ...).

Erwin

• 7 years later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

DN-ST-88-02518.jpeg.06eb666a228e502c7e6e10e71076ffcb.jpeg

A Beretta 9 mm pistol, M60 machine gun rounds and a knife are worn by a US Navy Sea-Air-Land (SEAL) team member during a training exercise 8/1/1987 Scene Camera Operator: PH1 Chuck Mussi

American Heritage

Glad to see this resurface. Nice finds!  You are a fine man for taking in the pup, much respect!  How are things going?