FINALLY.......American Body Armor black vest

Nkomo

As most of you know, I collect modern gear and uniforms. I have become increasinlgy selective about what I put into my collection, as money is tight around here. There are several "Holy Grail" items that I have been looking for and I finally was able to scrtatch one off the list.

I FINALLY was able to find one of the American Body Armor black modular vests that were popular with the Special Forces in the 90's. The vest and pouches are all ABA manufacture and the waist belt is an older Uncle Mike's version.

The black pistol holster is a black Bianchi holster (M12) for the Beretta M9. I got this holster from a friend of mine and added it to the display. I have the equivelant of $4 in the holster.

This came as a welcome distraction just at the right time for me. My wife lost her nursing job this past week due to a HUGE layoff at our local hospital. Around 500 to 800 employees were laid off due to poor profits. What makes me scratch my head is that the hospital is building THREE new hospitals in our local area and is continuing to buy up land around the hospial. :think:

If you could remember our family in your parayers, that would be appreciated. Both my wife and I are looking for jobs at the moment. Never in a million years did I think my wife would lose her nursing job due to a lay off.

001.JPG

Close up of the rarely seen pistol mag pouch for the ABA black modular vest.

005.JPG

Lastly....this weekend, my wife and I were on a drive down in the state. We saw a little dog wandering around in traffic on a busy highway. Being the soft hearted guy I am, I pulled off to the side of the road and picked up the dog.

From all appearances, the dog was abused. He was covered in fleas, cuts, scratches, and burrs. His neck had raw places that appeared to be from where his collar/chain had rubbed it raw.

We brought him back to our house and cleaned him up. I have been taking care of him and he is thriving.

I want you all to meet Jackson! He appears to be a Miniature Schnauzer and Jack Russell Terrier mix.

006.JPG

shrapneldude

Awesome vest, very cool polo shirt, and the best find of all -- a sweet little puppy.

I'm glad someone who cares found him and is taking care of him. You're a good man, Arch. :thumbsup:

Cool dog. You must have the magic touch. Every little dog I see on the loose I try to catch and they won't come near me. Big dogs, no problem. They want me to catch them. The little ones are tough. Great dog.

Arch, nice finds (including the pup !!). I am sorry to hear about the job situation. Who lays off nurses??? Hang in there, things will definetly get better!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Chris

Awesome vest, very cool polo shirt, and the best find of all -- a sweet little puppy.

I'm glad someone who cares found him and is taking care of him. You're a good man, Arch. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dan. Jackson is quite the handful and I'm trying to correct some bad habits he has picked up.

Cool dog. You must have the magic touch. Every little dog I see on the loose I try to catch and they won't come near me. Big dogs, no problem. They want me to catch them. The little ones are tough. Great dog.

Thanks, Herb. I had to crouch down before he came over. I'm a big guy (6'2") and I knew he'd be intimidated. Once I was down, he trotted right on over.

Arch, nice finds (including the pup !!). I am sorry to hear about the job situation. Who lays off nurses??? Hang in there, things will definetly get better!! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Chris

Thanks, Chris. I am not sure why they laid off so many people. Within two days, the hospital had a ton of job postings for RN's and LPN's. Makes no sense.

Jack's Son

Arch,

What bitter-sweet news. I'm happy about the new addition, but a bit disturbed about the career situation.

Maybe after the election!! :thumbsup:

Arch,

What bitter-sweet news. I'm happy about the new addition, but a bit disturbed about the career situation.

Maybe after the election!! :thumbsup:

I hope we can find gainful employment soon. I have a double major in Elementary Education and Special Education ( Learning/Behavior Disorder) and can't find a job locally. Kentucky is cutting about $250,000 to each school district and many teachers are losing their jobs due to this.

As to why my wife lost her job has all of us scratching our heads. We can't figure it out.

craig_pickrall

Arch great find on the vest. Looks great. The shirt is a nice pick up too.

Also great pickup on the pup. Glad he found a good home.

If you are up to moving east (Central Virginia) there are jobs available. My wife is a nursing supervisor and currently working 50 to 60 hours a week because of nursing shortages. I don't think she has worked less than 45 or so hours per week in the last few years. Top rated medical facility as well.

Teacher jobs are available but harder to find. I'm unsure how your quals match up. You can probably find out on the web fairly easily.

PS: If you make the move then we can hook up in your spare time and visit the 15 or so military bases with in a days drive. FT Bragg, FT Lee, Camp Lejeune, Norfolk / VA Beach just to name a few.

Arch nice find on the vest and the shirt(i really like the shirt were did you score that?),and the pup im sure will help you and your wife in theses times.(i understand i was layed off in nov ,a week before they told us all dont worry we are not going to lay anyone off :unsure: and right before the holidays )Good luck to you and the Mrs. something better will come around.

David

Sorry to hear about your job situation and hope it will get better soon for you both.

Happy to read about that poor little fellow ... I believe he is in good hands now.

Erwin

Great find with the vest, and thankfully you have as big of a heart as you do because otherwise that dog probably wouldn't have made it. God bless you! I'm sure you two will find something soon enough, keep your head up! Thanks a lot for sharing all of that.

Arch nice find on the vest and the shirt(i really like the shirt were did you score that?),and the pup im sure will help you and your wife in theses times.(i understand i was layed off in nov ,a week before they told us all dont worry we are not going to lay anyone off :unsure: and right before the holidays )Good luck to you and the Mrs. something better will come around.

David

Thanks, David. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about your job situation and hope it will get better soon for you both.

Happy to read about that poor little fellow ... I believe he is in good hands now.

Erwin

Thanks, Erwin. Jackson is something else.

Great find with the vest, and thankfully you have as big of a heart as you do because otherwise that dog probably wouldn't have made it. God bless you! I'm sure you two will find something soon enough, keep your head up! Thanks a lot for sharing all of that.

Thanks. i just couldn't stand the thought of him getting run over by a car or coal truck. He is a handful, but is a good dog.

Arch great find on the vest. Looks great. The shirt is a nice pick up too.

Also great pickup on the pup. Glad he found a good home.

If you are up to moving east (Central Virginia) there are jobs available. My wife is a nursing supervisor and currently working 50 to 60 hours a week because of nursing shortages. I don't think she has worked less than 45 or so hours per week in the last few years. Top rated medical facility as well.

Teacher jobs are available but harder to find. I'm unsure how your quals match up. You can probably find out on the web fairly easily.

PS: If you make the move then we can hook up in your spare time and visit the 15 or so military bases with in a days drive. FT Bragg, FT Lee, Camp Lejeune, Norfolk / VA Beach just to name a few.

Craig,
Don't tempt me with all those bases! I would spend my entire pay check on militaria and be divorced within two months!!!!!

At this time, moving is not an option. I am helping to take care of my aged parents. However, Virginia may be an option in a few years. I know that Kentucky has a compact agreement with Virginia, so the transfer of license would be easy.