GI Joe or other 12in figures

savage21

Hey just wondering as im become a huge fan of them. Does any one collect or "plays with/set up" GI Joes. I set my Joes and take some pictures If there is any interest from anyone I can post some on my fliker account.

I have collected them for quite a while (and if anyone has any they dont want send me a PM and il see what I can do). I always liked GI Joe though. I got my first GI Joe in 1994 for christmas from Grand Pa and Grand Ma. He is the Navy Admerial GI Joe. I still have him. I have been buying them periodicly eversince.

One thing I really liked about GI Joe and after collecting the toys then the real things, its kinda cool when u think about it as each figure represents a soldier in a different part of time who a left his home to off to war.

anyways wondering if anyone else feels this way.

Brandon

Hello! If you click on the link below you can see photos of my little guys...

Thanks They look pretty sweet my friend great job :)

Did u make alot of the accessories (the board in pic 17)? Are they based on real people?

I just started reviewing all my Joes on the Toy review website I write for, CollectionDX.

I grew up in the 1980's and I collected GI Joe from 1982 to 1986. I try to inject real military history into the toy reviews so collectors have a better idea where these ideas came from.

Here's a link:

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_line/gi_jo...can_hero_198294

I only collect 1982-1985

Let me know what you think!

Leonardo

I just started reviewing all my Joes on the Toy review website I write for, CollectionDX.

I grew up in the 1980's and I collected GI Joe from 1982 to 1986. I try to inject real military history into the toy reviews so collectors have a better idea where these ideas came from.

Here's a link:

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_line/gi_jo...can_hero_198294

I only collect 1982-1985

Let me know what you think!

Leonardo

Its a pretty cool site.

I know I have a a few of the smaller Joes I collected as well. I collect both the 12in and the 3.75in GI Joes.

Its a pretty cool site.

I know I have a a few of the smaller Joes I collected as well. I collect both the 12in and the 3.75in GI Joes.

Yes I just collect the 1:18 3/34 figures, its what I grew up with.

Thanks for checking out the site!

Leonardo

Robswashashore
Thanks They look pretty sweet my friend great job :)

Did u make alot of the accessories (the board in pic 17)? Are they based on real people?

Yep, made the board and also the BC 654 radio in the photo next to it. Tailored some of their uniforms, too...

They are all friends and family. Many of the figures are forum members (Berlin Brigade in BDU = Rakkasan187, Helo Pilot in ACU = Hawkdriver, Sailors in blue and Pea coat = Sigsaye, Cav Scout in 6 color "chocolate chips"= Hooviedude, Naval Officer in Khakis = Dave).

Yep, made the board and also the BC 654 radio in the photo next to it. Tailored some of their uniforms, too...

They are all friends and family. Many of the figures are forum members (Berlin Brigade in BDU = Rakkasan187, Helo Pilot in ACU = Hawkdriver, Sailors in blue and Pea coat = Sigsaye, Cav Scout in 6 color "chocolate chips"= Hooviedude, Naval Officer in Khakis = Dave).

that is really cool great work :) That is pretty cool also how u made forum members as well as friends and family into figures. Mine are just Joes except 1 I have been putting togather. I ended up just buying a figure of him but I made one of my grandpa who was in Korea I have a figure now that is close to him or as close as I can get.

Brandon

I use to have a Teddy Roosevelt Rough Rider figure new in box but sold it

all I have right now is a vintage action Marine and a VC female scout by Dragon still new in box

HoovieDude

While not the "GI Joe" brand, I've owned, and "kitbashed" or put together hundreds of the little 1:6 scale buggers over the years from the various manufacturers. To include many of the 1:6 scale vehicles, both static and remote controlled. Have put the hobby on hold the last few years though, for my 1:1 habit.

Timberwolf

I used to collect kitbash the 1/6th scale figures by Dragon models limited, I've stopped collecting them, although there are a few I'd keep like my flak crew, but that hobby is pretty much dead to make way for 1/1 stuff. If anyone's interested in them I'll shoot you a list of what I have for sale.

agate hunter

GI Joes and 1/6 stuff is what I started out with, mainly GI Joes when I was younger then around 13 I started collecting Dragon and DID figures, German and American. I started back in the day when the average price for a Dragon figure was $40 and $60 for DID. The prices have nearly doubled now. That's why I started collecting 1/1 stuff, much more cheaper. Most of the GI Joe figures I have are beat to crap from playing with them, but the Dragon and DID ones are ok. Still have there boxes, and just going to hold on to them for a few more years or decades until they become worth more money. And if I had more money and room I wouldn't mind getting more 1/6 stuff, but like I said, the prices on the stuff has really gone up in the last few years.

Johnny Signor

O.K. I got a BUNCH of the various "gear" fro the 3 3/4 in joes , a lot of them are the first issue stuff, and the later ones too , probably enough to equip just about all the early ones , helmets,backpacks,guns,rifles,etc etc , also some other odds and ends I'll have to dig out , anyway if someone is intersted in buying I'm offering them , e mail me or PM me ..............................................

Also a License made "GI JOE " called "Gyper man" looks just like the Real hair Joes , jointed same, same face /body, no gear or clothes but in good shape , make offer ........................

Johnny

willysmb44

I dabbled in them for a short while, have sold off most of them.

Around Christmas of 2000, I was bored and alone at the house one day, so I broke out the toys, got my dachshund puppy and created this. Sadly, Brandy is no longer with us, so I don't look at it very often...

I dabbled in them for a short while, have sold off most of them.

Around Christmas of 2000, I was bored and alone at the house one day, so I broke out the toys, got my dachshund puppy and created this. Sadly, Brandy is no longer with us, so I don't look at it very often...

That is a cool set of pictures. Im sorry to hear about your dog though.

Johnny Signor

Hey guys , I ahve a good collection of both large 12 inch Joes of the recent issues,classics,timeless, special types, women types of Joes,etc and a good amount of the 3 3/4 figure "accessories" enough of that to just about complete all the early and mid production figures , and a couple of color booklets that show all the ones made and thier gear which I used to get it all collected , anyway It's up for sale .

I will need to make a list of what all I have that I can send out as I don't have a way to post photos , most of the boxed Joes are in either near mint boxes or at least good condition as some of them at the toy stores were really picke over fast , the 3 3/4 stuff is all original joe gear and if you have "loose" figures needing the gear to complete them I have a lot of the good stuff, even the dogs that came with some , etc etc .

Let me hear from you if you are seriously interested as I want to sell it only to a collector and I want a fair price , the boxed joes will go for what I paid for them , not "collectors" price , most were around $20.00 and a few other were $40/$50 range like the Army Golden Knight parachutist , Joe(60's era type) with metal gear in special box issue .

The 3 3/4 joe gear I'm not sure what to ask for it, there's a LOT of stuff, guns,rifles,backpacks,helmets,knifes,greneades,belts,soem animal figures like dogs, birds , some small vehicle types etc etc , the books that they are shown in is titled , the Officil guide to collecting and completing your GI JOE figures and accessories By James DeSimone Volumes 1 & 2 , I will sell the booklets with the small gear so you will have the refference to it , it is a Very good set to have !!!!

Johnny

The money for these items will go for needed car repairs and BP pills I have to take .

Also forgot I ahve some odd type of 12 inch figure that was put out in dollar stores etc , various types boxed , and some GI JOES loose that have various uniforms/gear on them.

Like Leonardo, I used to collect the smaller G.I. Joe's from the 1980's. I quit when they started introducing the Battle Force 2000. At that point, it became pretty lame in my eyes. Anyway, I had been collecting real militaria for several years and the draw to that was much stronger than to collecting toys.

That being said, I gave my son my old G.I. Joe figures that I used to play with and he enjoyed them as well. When he was older, we bought him the Navajo Code Talker 12" G.I. Joe figure that said Navajo phrases. We did this because my wife and children are Navajo and they had relatives that were Code Talkers during WW2. He still has that figure on his desk to this day. :thumbsup:

ha ha! Yes Battle Force 2000 and Neon Ninjas was the end for me as well!! : /

I started to collect real Militaria soon afterwards..

Leonardo

Jack's Son

I have never played with, set-up, or otherwise fantasized with G.I. Joes, or the like!! :w00t: (:laughing1:)

post-32632-1339298670.jpg A little graphic, Mods please remove if inappropriate. Image created shortly after 911. I've got some from the battle of Seattle, (WTO 1999) as well. Used to have lots of fun with my G.I. Joes!

post-32632-1339298670.jpg A little graphic, Mods please remove if inappropriate. Image created shortly after 911. I've got some from the battle of Seattle, (WTO 1999) as well. Used to have lots of fun with my G.I. Joes!

definately an interesting picture

I have a few of them on my Photobucket account here:

http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii635/sgtsavage21/