Forensic crime kit ACU

Legion

I saw the thread title and thought it'd be about a specially-designed investigators ACU.

Your thread title should read "Forensic crime kit UCP"

Dave, In the Ft Hood area... the guy i got it from had other very "sensitive" items i could not believe he had these other items in his drive way. I kept expecting CID to show up. So i grabbed this and a handful of other items and beat it out of there.

Golem thanks for the info

ACU....UPC?? What's the difference? :dunno:

ACU is the Army Combat Uniform. So, the multicams that are issued to the army are also ACUs. UCP is the worthless grey digital pattern, standing for Universal Camoflauge Pattern. Not being nitpicky, but Goelm's suggestion, or even "ACU crime scene kit" (Even though not technically correct, it'd get the point across) may have been a clearer topic name.

Neat find though!! Never seen anything like it! What were the "sensitive" items?

Dave, In the Ft Hood area... the guy i got it from had other very "sensitive" items i could not believe he had these other items in his drive way. I kept expecting CID to show up. So i grabbed this and a handful of other items and beat it out of there.
From your pix, I don't see any "sensitive items". All that Dick Tracy stuff can be purchased over-the-counter by anyone.

"Sensitive items" are things like next-gen and/or classified technology.

ACU....UPC?? What's the difference? :dunno:

As polecat notes, ACU (Army Combat Uniform) is the pattern to which the garment is made.

UCP (Universal Camouflage Pattern) is the camouflage design used on the material that is sewn together to make standard-issue ACUs.

OCP (Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern) is the camouflage pattern being worn in Afghanistan. We also know it as "multicam". As polecat points out, ACUs are issued in OCP for Afghanistan-bound troops.

Golem i was not referring to this item he had plates, several surefires that mounted on helicopters in a crate and some military grade scopes he also had a laptop with a property tag on it...not for sure if illegal but i often hear from people at garage sales and flea markets that they often look for people selling these items.

Golem i was not referring to this item he had plates, several surefires that mounted on helicopters in a crate and some military grade scopes he also had a laptop with a property tag on it...not for sure if illegal but i often hear from people at garage sales and flea markets that they often look for people selling these items.

Plates and scopes can be GTG. Laptop and helo mounted Surefires sound iffy, but are still possibly legit. It all depends on if it has fallen off the books or not. There are times when extra gear turns up, and it isn't on the books anywhere, so it's fair game. If the plates were a good price, I'd have snagged them up in a heartbeat.

Spathologist

I don't know if "Forensics Kit" is the official name or not, but that is the kit carried by biometrics teams in the two sandboxes.