American Legion Flag Post 578 Unadilla, New York

1st Sgt CES

1st Sgt CES

I belong to a small post without a building,things have been scattered over the years. Just Before Memorial Day this year I was given the original Post Flag for safe keeping. It was been in the box for years & took three days with a fan on it to get most of the wrinkles out it. What really impressed me were the medal tabs on the oak pole starting in the 1920's thru 1941. These World War One Veterans marched everywhere. These were the members who fought for the G.I. Bill. I flew the Flag for the first time in years on Memorial Day this year & will fly it again every Memorial Day. Blue Skies Mark

post-6716-1338838902.jpg

post-6716-1338838910.jpg

post-6716-1338838918.jpg

post-6716-1338838926.jpg

jayhawkhenry

Mark, keeping the old flag safe and well cared for is a tribute. As a Legionnaire, I thank and salute you!

1st Sgt CES

When I first opened the box it was a bit overwhelming seeing the medal tabs on the pole. These were the guys who stood up for the G.I. Bill & Veterans rights.It will be hard to follow in their steps, but we are strong if keep together the American Legion & fight for benefits our brothers & sisters that are still in the fight.