WWII Jump Wings and Ovals

Torch03

• 3 weeks later...

Your 511th oval is from the 1950's. WWII versions of this oval are embroidered on felt (unless you've got a Japanese Occupation made one in which case it will either be fully embroidered by hand or embroidered on silk).

Allan

Your 511th oval is from the 1950's. WWII versions of this oval are embroidered on felt (unless you've got a Japanese Occupation made one in which case it will either be fully embroidered by hand or embroidered on silk).

Allan

Thank you Allan. I was unsure if it was ww2 period or not I figured most post war ovals had the wider boarders so this one threw me for a bit of a loop.

• 5 weeks later...

I thought I might post an updated photo of my WWII era jump wings. I have removed the marine examples and the glider badges as there were just too many of them to cram into the jeweler's case. Nearly eight years ago (has the forum been around that long?!?!) I posted my collection in response number 74 in this thread. Time sure flies!

Allan

post-151-0-57868600-1414422884.jpg

Patchcollector

I thought I might post an updated photo of my WWII era jump wings. I have removed the marine examples and the glider badges as there were just too many of them to cram into the jeweler's case. Nearly eight years ago (has the forum been around that long?!?!) I posted my collection in response number 74 in this thread. Time sure flies!

Allan

Nice! :o

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello marcel504, is that the correct way to wear the order of the orange cord, for the Holland jump? just asking. I have not seen it on a uniform...Thanks David

It must be worn on the left side. The end should be in the breast pocket.

Regards

Herman

• 4 weeks later...

Some amazing wings and oval set being shown! Thanks to all who shared!

Here is my only contribution, both from the same vet. Sterling marked jump wings on oval for 101st Hq Co.

post-29885-0-28990700-1424102646.jpg