Hollywood Patches # 2

patches

Thanks patches, This was a really good idea for a thread. Allot of these movies I haven't seen.

Everyman's War - 94th Infantry Division

I didn't know about this movie until you mentioned it. Watched it on Netflicks tonight....Not too good, but the heart was there.

-Ski

Taps

Ah you beat me to the punch Teamski, I was going to look for those from TAPS, But you forgot Ronny Cox's Colonel Kerby, here the best I could find, this belongs in both the phony Hollywood patches and this one the real Hollywood Patches, for those who remember Kerby wears the 24th Infantry Division as a Combat patch (KOREAN WAR) which we can see just a smidgen of in the image below, as well as a dummy National Guard patch as his organizational one, here we can see alittle more of this one with what most certainly is a RANGER tab above it.

post-34986-1338780183.jpg

I didn't know about this movie until you mentioned it. Watched it on Netflicks tonight....Not too good, but the heart was there.

-Ski

It's a new one for me as well, never herd of it before searching Google for this thread.

A little outside the box, but in my opinion this is one of the best shows on TV.

The Walking Dead - 82nd Airborne Division

tankinterior.jpg

Jumping Jacks from 1952 with Martin and Lewis, this is interesting in that I thought the the patch worn in this movie was the other 508th RCT patch and NOT the one with the Wyvren, but as this movie was made sometime in early 1952 or even late 1951, ( it's release date was June 1952) it would seem that the 508th RCT Wyvern patch was worn at this early period, then the question I have is, when was the Burst of Glory version worn ? if the one with the Wyvern started to be worn so early with it starting to worn again in 1963 in the Panama Canal Zone, when would that other one would have been worn ?

Here's a ditty from the movie :D

post-34986-1338948576.jpg

In the Army Now - 63rd ID

post-29885-1338994380.jpg

Transformers - Special Forces Airborne

post-29885-1338994400.jpg

1941 - Unidentified Armored Division

post-29885-1338994418.png

Keenan Wynn as Col. Bat Guano in Dr Strangelove. Wearing the 2nd Inf Div patch and Airborne Tab. Robert

I posted the first photo in the hollywood phony patch topic, as we plainly see it is either a legit mini cap 2nd Division patch or one that was made up, the picture is one that we can not see if there is a Indian Head in the star. The second one you posted a wild, I did'nt see that one anywhere, notice now that a full size legit 2nd Division patch is worn, this segment occurs seconds after the first image still, talk about continuity :lol:

Martin Sheen - Cadence - 7th Army

post-29885-1339011604.jpg

Christopher Walken - Biloxi blues - 2nd Army

post-29885-1339011620.jpg

Richard Pryor - Parodying George C. Scott in Patton - Superman 3 - 3rd Army

post-29885-1339011628.jpg

First one from the 1957 movie Time Limit, somewhat like the later 1968 movie Sgt Ryker this one deals with Korean War POWs and what they did or did not do under the tender care of the enemy.

Here we see both Rip Torn and Martin Balsam going over some details about when Torn,s charactor, a 2nd Division Infantry officer who was captured presumably at Kunu Ri. This movie by the way takes place at and was filmed at Fort Jay on Governers Island, New York City.

post-34986-1339012767.jpg

Next and last two from Time Limit, Richard Widmark and the other Richard Basehart, Widmark being the Investigating Officer, while Basehart, being one of the fomer POWs, an Artillery Officer with the 7th Division, presumably captured around the Chosen Resevoir.

post-34986-1339013240.jpg

post-34986-1339013251.jpg

JCFalkenbergIII
Martin Sheen - Cadence - 7th Army

post-29885-1339011604.jpg

And Sheen wearing the 25th Infantry Division patch on the other arm in Cadence. Robert

This one for you Marines out there, granted there are very. very few movies that for some reason show the WWII Marine Corps patches, this one however is from a 1958 Movie called In Love and War, staring Jeffery Hunter , Bradford Dillman and Robert Wagner, they all where all buddies in the 4th Marine Division.

post-34986-1339038739.jpg

In this one we see Tony Curtis, Brian Keith and an unknown actor Ivan Dixon maybe ? in the 1970 satire/comedy : Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came ? : the patches we see are of the XV Corps on an OD background, this was shot at Fort Huachuca, but takes place I read at small post in Northern Cailfornia outside a Small town, this would gibe with the wear of the XV Corps patches worn thoughout as XV Corps was headquartered at the Presidio of San Francisco till March 1968.

post-34986-1339039765.jpg

Second one from Suppose They Gave a War and Nobody Came ? Curtis again, it's a bit blurry but he was wearing the 24th Infantry Division as a combat patch for Korea.

post-34986-1339039893.jpg

X_redcatcher
Courage under Fire. Ranger Tab, 3rd and 11 ACR. Robert

Un,,no Brave Rifles there,,thats the 2nd ACR!!! Always Ready :)

JCFalkenbergIII
Un,,no Brave Rifles there,,thats the 2nd ACR!!! Always Ready :)

Opppppsss.. Nice catch there X_redcatcher. Thanks. :)