Hollywood Patches # 2

patches

BILL THE PATCH

Here's a couple from Till the End of Time, starting Guy Madison, and Dorothy Mcquire, co starting Robert Mitchum. Here Mitchum with the 1st usmc div,and a unknown actor with 1st Mac. Raiders. Not often seen in movies. Looks like a small version. Kind of blurry but it's a raiderPosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

And the start Guy MadisonPosted Image

• 4 weeks later...
BILL THE PATCH

Here's one featuring Fred macmurray with a 8th air force patch. Sorry for the blurry it's actually from a playhouse type movie. 

Resizer_15886538146720.png

Remembering this movie,D-Day The Sixth of June I looked around and found these, of the Army Ground Forces patch being worn and one where the British Circular Combined Operations patch is one by Robert Taylor

D-DAY nters.JPG

D-DAYTaylor.JPG

71iktkRV+QL__AC_SX679_.jpg

One more of James Garner as Darby, this is the North Africa sequence, 1st RANGER BN Scroll with Invasion Flag Brassard

Darby20_sm.jpg

23 hours ago, patches said:

One more of James Garner as Darby, this is the North Africa sequence, 1st RANGER BN Scroll with Invasion Flag Brassard

I wonder if these 1st RANGER Bn Scrolls used throughout were real Army issue or Patch Kings ?

• 4 weeks later...

And an even more obscure one, a young Mel Ferrer was interestingly part of the crew, he was a dialogue coach. Have to admit I never seen this one, it's called Sergeant Mike, a November 1944 released Wartime movie about a Dog Platoon out in the Pacific, Sergeant Mike I believe is one of the pooches.

Here we see the 41st Inf Division patch in this colorized movie poster.

Not much info on it as we see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Mike

sgt m.jpg

48 minutes ago, patches said:

And an even more obscure one, a young Mel Ferrer was interestingly part of the crew, he was a dialogue coach. Have to admit I never seen this one, it's called Sergeant Mike, a November 1944 released Wartime movie about a Dog Platoon out in the Pacific, Sergeant Mike I believe is one of the pooches.

Here we see the 41st Inf Division patch in this colorized movie poster.

Not much info on it as we see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergeant_Mike

Here's a image from the movie, the dog there we presume is Sergeant Mike, major movie goof as we see, wardrobe gives him a Spanish American War Krag Jorgensen Carbine, what they couldn't procure even a Springfield 08 Rifle instead 😆

MV5.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted but this was worn albeit briefly, by Humphrey Bogart in John Huston's "Across the Pacific" (1942).

Bogart.jpg

BILL THE PATCH
Not sure if this has been posted but this was worn albeit briefly, by Humphrey Bogart in John Huston's "Across the Pacific" (1942).
Bogart.jpg.9e0b4c5f3767799f1596a7a2736395a0.jpg
I don't recognize that patch, I think it's a fantasy movie prop. Unless I'm wrong

BILL THE PATCH

Here's two more from D-Day 6th of June we see Allied forces patches, and a 34th div patch, he also has abn wings on? Go figure428aff32dd3ba91ed6e024007527cca6.jpgbbc799f2bc47ba3abdd3fb4a6b006f89.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Here's two from the Bowery Boys, the Sargent is a well known character actor. Both seen wearing GHQ patch. Movie was Bowery battalion. I love the Bowery Boys, 631242c03b24c904bfa557cc13f4014e.jpg03bf26dd1dba23654068e2c26c006c22.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Here's two from Francis the talking mule staring Donald O'Conner. The officers is wearing a bullion CBI patch. Undoubtedly original. 2475c267f6128e4944138a7d5b1280cd.jpg2c3e52f5d1a4f870eb10f5b10e88587c.jpg

• 2 months later...

The 5th Army as seen on Sergeant Ritchie Cunningham in a 1983 episode of Happy Days titled Richie Cunningham Returns, him and Ralph Mouth were in, presumably late-ish 60s as draftees. A rather incomplete situation all around army wise, he wears no ribbons, should at least have the Vietnam era been there medals of the Good Conduct and National Defense, plus in the Happy Days lore Ritchie after training was stationed on Greenland, maybe Ralph too, so not sure where the 5th Army comes in or if we even had army on Greenland anymore since WWII laugh.png.4c7fd0a34631f5e860940e4543b1e3dc.png

kure.PNG

On 8/15/2020 at 4:45 PM, patches said:

The 5th Army as seen on Sergeant Ritchie Cunningham in a 1983 episode of Happy Days titled Richie Cunningham Returns, him and Ralph Mouth were in, presumably late-ish 60s as draftees. A rather incomplete situation all around army wise, he wears no ribbons, should at least have the Vietnam era been there medals of the Good Conduct and National Defense, plus in the Happy Days lore Ritchie after training was stationed on Greenland, maybe Ralph too, so not sure where the 5th Army comes in or if we even had army on Greenland anymore since WWII laugh.png.4c7fd0a34631f5e860940e4543b1e3dc.png

Just seen we had a Army base in Greenland post WWII, Camp Century, opened from 1959 to 1967, don't know if Ritchie Cunningham and Ralph Mouth were stationed there of course laugh.png.4c7fd0a34631f5e860940e4543b1e3dc.png

https://www.atomicheritage.org/history/camp-century

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Sitting here watching Honey I Shrunk the Kids with the kids.  What do you know- Tank Destroyers!  Not sure if it counts since it’s not on a uniform, just found it funny.

681553DD-E502-4947-A1E9-903D669A35A6.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Lee Van Cleef again,this time in the 1968 movie Commandos, you remember the one where America troops dress up like Italian Soldiers in Africa 288134823_emoticonsmile.png.d618bc51e2d7668b5e4d19c791b8ba06.png Here Van Clef, a U.S. Army Non Commissioned Officer, before the mission, is wearing the 78th Division patch, of course the soon to be renowned The Lighting Division doesn't go overseas till the fall of 1944 first England then on to the continent shortly there after 288134823_emoticonsmile.png.d618bc51e2d7668b5e4d19c791b8ba06.png

Comma.jpg

The 78th Division again, this time in the movie The Avengers Endgame at the fictional Camp Lehigh, New Jersey. late 60s???. Not sure what the context is here, perhaps a bit of time travel???

ORYF0YZ.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

And a great find with Lloyd Bridges as an 82nd Abn Div guy, a WWII Vet, in a 1965 episode of Bob Hope Presents the Chrysler Theater called Exit from a Plane in Flight, episode written by Rod Serling. Not really sure on the Plot, think that Ex WWII Paratrooper played by Huge O'Brien has flashbacks/nightmares or something, and reconnects with his wartime buddy (Lloyd Bridges) who's still serving in the Army to put his mind at ease.

exit.jpg