Hollywood Patches # 2

patches

Jumping Robert Ryan :lol: in The Longest Day, if we would see his left shoulder we would see the 82nd Abn Div patch, but I posted this as we see Ryan wearing the Senior Parachute Badge, didn't these come out for the first time in 1950 post-34986-0-70245200-1370634347.gif of course it did :lol:

post-34986-0-48699600-1370634392.jpg

Catch22.jpg

CATCH22.jpg

Couple of squadron patches from CATCH-22.

Are these legimate Air Corps Group/Wing/Squadron patches FF?

One glaring error in "The Longest Day" is the positioning of the AIRBORNE arc on both the 101st and 82nd field jackets. All of them are about a couple of inches above the patches...none are joined on at the top corners in the correct way. :o

firefighter

Are these legimate Air Corps Group/Wing/Squadron patches FF?

Not sure.I was trying to find better pics.The one the COL has looks like one I've seen before.That was a funny and very strange file.I love the part were the nurses are talking and the switch the bottles of the guy with the body cast.The urine bottle becomes his IV bottle.

Catch-22-10094183.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Found a real gem.

Bud Abbott and Lou Costello, 3rd Inf Div, in the 1947 movie Buck Privates Come Home, the sequel to the 1941 Buck Privates, in this movie in the early troop ship scenes we see several Divisions represented, like the 91st Inf Div for instance, but I could not find any of those images.

Pretty impressive, CIBs and all, Abbott has one more ribbon than Costello, maybe a valor decoration? or is that just a Good Conduct medal? Maybe Costello screwed up and goofed up so many times they withheld his :lol:

post-34986-0-85498000-1371343414.jpgpost-34986-0-30414500-1371343426.jpg

Looks like they both have the occupation ribbon and Bud's extra ribbon does look like a GCM.

Right you are, GCM ribbon. I think they should have gave Abbott a Silver Star ribbon, he was after all a real clever, resourceful charactor in the first movie Buck Privates :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Tommymonkey192

Don't Cry, It's Only Thunder (1982)

Susan St. James and Dennis Christopher wearing 44th Medical Brigade patch

DCIOT_zps5ec6a517.jpg

Robert Englund pre Freddie Kruger with unknown medical combat patch

DCIOTa_zps8edef032.jpg

Ewen McGregor as a Korean War veteran of the 187th Airborne Regimental Combat Team in "Big Fish"

A pretty good depiction of a late Korean War 187th RCT Ike, X stiching and all, but damn can't these guys get it right all the way, rope on the wrong side naturally, plus the hiking up of the Jump Wings and Oval to juust above the pocket seam when it should be on the pocket flap

firefighter

Robert Englund pre Freddie Kruger with unknown medical combat patch

If I remember right I think its the 93rd EVAC hospital.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

post-34986-0-66493600-1382851389.jpg

HORRAY FOR HOLLYWOOD.........DA DA DA DA DA DA......HOLLYWOOD!

post-34986-0-63342300-1382851399.jpg

De Niro with Streep in The Deer Hunter, as mentioned by Craig earlier on, a total botch job, see for yourself, the SF patch should be on the left side, or if the 101 remains on the left fine, then De Niro loses the Beret and wears either a Service Cap or Garrison Cap.

post-34986-0-88841300-1382851362.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Had to add two more, they were up but now are deleted.

From Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo.

The AAC Pinwheel patch as seen on the perennial Motion Picture American Serviceman Van Johnson.

thirty1.jpg

And the Wright Field A2 patch as seen on Spencer Tracy.

thirty_seconds_over_tokyo-d.jpg

There were other A2 patches seen in the movie, in the beginning when pilots start arriving and start their training, I wonder if they were legit one's for real flying units!