DESERT STORM DCU'S

jim2

• 3 weeks later...

Resurrecting and old thread but I thought I would shoot a couple pieces out of my collection.

First is one worn by a true hero. OK, it was really the one I wore home.

I served in a QM Petroleum Supply Comapny and also served as an advisor to the Saudis, Egyptians and Syrrian (and a few Kuwaitis) forces.

post-151-1203266890.jpg

post-151-1203266929.jpg

Here's the right shoulder.

I was serving with the US Military Training Mission, so had the option of wearing the CENTCOM patch or the 22nd SupCom (the SUCK Com). I only had an ARCENT (aka 3rd Army) patch from the early days of Log Base Bravo, so wore it.

post-151-1203267128.jpg

CNY Militaria

VERY NICE! Did you meet him? I bet there aren't too many of these floating around in the collector community!

Thanks for showing.

Justin

Allan,

I had a hard time deciding which uniform was more interesting, but by a narrow margin, I went with the General's :lol: Thanks for the very neat and funny posts thumbsup.gif

I wish that I could say that I got this from the General directly, but cannot. I got it from a friend who ran a small militaria store (more surplus that militaria) who bought this and a batch of other things from a guy who claimed that he had been Norman's aide in the 24th ID when Schwarzkopf was a Major General. I have no direct provenance, but am certain that the tapes are Saudi made and have owned the jacket since I came back from ODS in 1991. I have the trousers too.

The only other piece I have related to the general is an autographed photo of him in what MAY be the same uniform.

Allan

Don't mean to be a naysayer but I don't recall seeing photos of Schwarzkopf in this uniform during the Gulf War wearing anything other than the black pin on General's rank. I don't remember seeing photos of him wearing the US Flag patch. That being said he probably had several uniforms as evidenced buy photos of him wearing cloth and metal qualification badges at various times. Kevin

Gen Schwarzkopf, was only authorized single award CIB-not 2nd award as shown on your uniform

He could not have have been awarded a 2nd award for CIB, only Colonel and below are authorized to be awarded CIB.

Just my $.02

Gen Schwarzkopf, was only authorized single award CIB-not 2nd award as shown on your uniform

He could not have have been awarded a 2nd award for CIB, only Colonel and below are authorized to be awarded CIB.

Just my $.02

Matt,

You are absolutely right! As I mentioned previously, I put the metal insignia on it and obviously added the wrong one.

Also, I know that the majority of photos of the general show him wearing the metal stars, and it appears that the sewn on stars don't have near the wear that the rest of the uniform shows. It is possible that they were sewn on later, but I am positive that the guy that I got them from didn't do it.

Allan

As a couple of people will attest I have a number of Desert Storm / OIF uniforms - Groupings. Here are a few.

2/44 ADA 101st ABN DIV

uniforms013-1.jpg

uniforms015.jpg

24th Mech Div. This uniform had never had a name tag. This was common with the 24th as they maintained stocks of Desert uniforms due to their mission as part of Central Commands RDF as part of XVIIIth ABN Corps. The 24th were issued Desert Uniforms at the beginning of Desert Storm already badged with US ARMY, SSI and Flag. The Flag was ordered removed so as not to offend the Saudis.

uniforms016.jpg

OIF USMC

uniforms024-1.jpg

US NAVY Corps Man

uniforms025.jpg

82nd ABN DIV. Both uniforms combat used. One later used to go home - Promoted, Combat SSI and CIB.

uniforms017.jpg

Stryker BDE of 2nd INF DIV. Same as above. Notice forward facing Combat SSI.

uniforms028.jpg

27th MSB 1st Cavalry Div. Notice forward facing Combat SSI

uniforms026.jpg

Special Forces.

uniforms021.jpg

Ranger.

uniforms022.jpg

173rd ABN BDE. All insignia on this DCU were OD (also IFF in sleeve) for Iraq and then changed to Tan for OFE. Pockets up on sleeve now cover IFF.

uniforms023.jpg

Arabic name above name tape.

uniforms020.jpg

ARMY NG going home uniform. Note pocket patch.

uniforms019.jpg

A Co, 628th Aviation Support Battalion (Pen NG), 42nd Inf Div. SGT was also 2nd ACR Desert Storm (Engineer) - 10th Mountain Div Somalia.

uniforms027.jpg

1st Inf Div. SSGT was also 2 ACR Desert Storm. May Favorite lot. Includes Helmet, Gloves, DCUs with in-country Combat SSI awarded 6th June 2004. (his other two DCUs have 2 ACR Combat SSI). He was promoted in-country from SGT to SSGT. Also note last copy of Danger Forward the in-country produced version of Duty First (Division Magazine) and memory stick with 80 pics.

uniforms030p.jpg

Nice hat Keith,

lets get this back on track, here are a few of my Desert Storm 1991 era 6 color uniforms.. Paul

this one belonged to Scout Sniper of A/327th

post-512-1203472816.jpg

Although not Desert Storm, this 6 color uniform preceeds Desert Storm, it is a 1983 dated 6 color uniform from one of the MFO rotations.. enjoy Paul

post-512-1203473144.jpg

• 2 weeks later...