Doolittle Raider Medals & Documents Grouping

warpath

British Gallantry awards were not just handed out, especially in WW2 and there was a process where the citation was looked at and approved. I am very curious if he got it for ops to do with the RAF(esp since he stayed in the CBI maybe Burma..) or was it a award by the Brits for the Doolittle Raid. Whatever the case, it is a rare award to a US NCO, correctly engraved :thumbsup:

vicjoy1945

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WOW...that is an incredible grouping !!

As Kurt states, the DFC should be numbered and is traceable to its recipient...thanks to Al Gliem. You'll need a British researcher to pull the original recommendation for the British DFM which is very rare as awarded to an American. I'd be surprised if the DFM was awarded for the Doolittle Raid though...my guess is that you would see more of them if this was the case...or...at least have heard of them !! He must have performed some flying duties in connection with the RAF in Burma at some point during the war.

Again...just superb grouping !!

Vic

Telegram to Williams' Mother with a request for her fried chicken...Guess he didn't like all the Chinese food he had on the mainland after the raid!

post-3653-1339116859.jpg

Jack's Son
There is a lot more. Ed

You're going to have to make a video and post that too!!

This is just too much for one thread to handle!!

Saw this grouping on Saturday first hand - it really is something!

Well done brother & once again, Ed is THE MAN!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

This probably the best grouping I have ever seen.Just amazing how complete it is.That telegram is awesome, right to the point.Anyway to get a close up of the Chinese medal, front & back?