Doolittle Raider Medals & Documents Grouping

warpath

I'll take better photos and post them soon...I'll have the grouping at SOS. Ed

This probably the best grouping I have ever seen.Just amazing how complete it is.That telegram is awesome, right to the point.Anyway to get a close up of the Chinese medal, front & back?

Glad to see you got the DFM "Recommendation for Honours and Awards". Know we know the rest of the story! That it was for a specific action makes it all the better. A SPECTACULAR group! Bobgee

Were the DFM documents with the group originally? Or were they found later? These are pretty much eye-popping for me...not in as much as the group is really cool, but it's almost impossible to find documentation on British awards to foreigners and these represent almost every scrap of paper that was involved in the processing and awarding of the DFM. Nothing short of amazing!!!

Dave

Spectacular grouping, and a real piece of American Military History. Thanks for sharing with us as this may be the only place we'll ever see such a grouping displayed. We are fortunate to have the USMF to share these kinds of historical artifacts. Danny

Dave, The British DFM paperwork was copied by a researcher for me in the archives in England...Lucky it exists and luckier still it could be accessed. Ed

Were the DFM documents with the group originally? Or were they found later? These are pretty much eye-popping for me...not in as much as the group is really cool, but it's almost impossible to find documentation on British awards to foreigners and these represent almost every scrap of paper that was involved in the processing and awarding of the DFM. Nothing short of amazing!!!

Dave

Dave, The British DFM paperwork was copied by a researcher for me in the archives in England...Lucky it exists and luckier still it could be accessed. Ed

Ed-

No doubt! It's fantastic!!!

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Danny, I'll have the Doolittle Raider Medals & Documents Grouping on display at the SOS this week Tables N 26-27...I hope I have enough table space, but I'll definately have the medals and documents displayed. Ed

Thanks for sharing with us as this may be the only place we;ll ever see such a grouping displayed. We are fortunate to have the USMF to share these kinds of historical artifacts. Danny

• 7 years later...