17th Airborne Reenactors Recruiting Midwest!

danover321

danover321

Hello everyone, G Co. 513th PIR 17th ABN is actively recruiting new members. Currently, we are headquartered in Missouri with 10 members residing in Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois. Additionally, all members are proud members of the (WWII HRS). We are active in attending both public and tactical events. Other unit membership in conjunction with us is welcome! Please inquire at the following email address:

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

danover321

Hello again, I wanted to add that our unit was formed in 2009 out of a desire to discontinue representing the typical 101st and 82nd impressions. The 17th has a proud history and is extremely under represented in the reenacting community with the exception of the European organizations. The majority of our unit members are real life combat and airborne veterans ranging from Vietnam to modern day Iraq. All recruits are welcome regardless of military experience. We strive to make our impressions as accurate as possible and thrive on the social camaraderie our hobby provides us. We look forward to hearing from you.

[email protected]

or

[email protected]

danover321

battlebaby99

As a doface soldier of the 99th Infantry Division I am happy to see the 17th Airborne finally getting some action in the hobby. I have been lucky to have a few items from a local 17th paratrooper in my collection.

Great to see a new unit in the hobby-- Pat

• 1 month later...

Update!

G Co. 17th Airborne was granted full charter status with the WWII HRS by unanimous vote during the July board meeting upon serving one year as a probationary unit. I want to thank everyone for their past and continuing support.

Dan

Update!

G Co. 17th Airborne was granted full charter status with the WWII HRS by unanimous vote during the July board meeting upon serving one year as a probationary unit. I want to thank everyone for their past and continuing support.

Dan

Dan,

That's great and glad to see a strong 17th AB unit. If I lived closer I'd be joining for sure. I reenact here in Texas and do a secondary impression of the 17th. My father was a glider rider with the 680th GFAB, 17th AB. I attend the annual reunion the 17th has in Pa. on or close to Op. Varsity dates.

-Paul

Thank you for the encouragement Talon17th. Currently, we are planning are event calender with the hopes of attending a future reunion.

Dan