Female Marine Picture

BelligerentBlue

BelligerentBlue

I was at an auction and this one slipped through the cracks. It's an original picture, not sure an exact time frame, where it was taken, or who they were with. But I think I'm the only person in Ohio that takes the pictures out of the frame to look for names, and much to my surprise, the picture has the name of everyone in the picture. The little chalk board in front of them has 30th PN K-6 on it if anyone has any information they can provide.

post-86536-1338519794.jpg

post-86536-1338519805.jpg

teufelhunde.ret
.... The little chalk board in front of them has 30th PN K-6 on it if anyone has any information they can provide.

School or Boot Camp photo?

teufelhunde.ret
That's what I was thinking. I was thinking more so a school picture

I'm leaning to Parris Island, palms in background. List 3 names, I'll check ancestry to see if they were in Boot Camp together...

BelligerentBlue

I'm leaning towards it being a class photo from Camp Johnson outside Camp Lejeune in NC or a platoon photo of some sort from Camp Lejeune. The reason I say that is you can get additional copies at an address listed in Jacksonville NC.

There is a Sgt. Nancy Reed, first name I can really read.

Some others with no ranks before the name are a Doris Smith, Phyllis Crabb, Betty Berkley, Mary Richards

teufelhunde.ret

April / May 1944 is when this Boot Camp photo was taken. It was the only time the lady's listed above were together, as members of 3Bn, Recruit Depot, MCWR, Camp Lejune. Platoon Sergeant Nancy V. Reid ended up at El Toro (45) as a SSgt. Ancestry is not giving me all the reports, no idea what became of her. Mary L Richards made Cpl (admin clerk) and was discharged in July 46. It appears she was recalled in Apr. 51 and discharged in Apr 52 as a Sgt. was at Parris Island for the period. Phyllis L Crabb went to Aviation Women's Reserve Squadron-4, Marine Corps Air Depot, Miramar, San Diego and was discharged as a PFC January 1946.

BelligerentBlue

That's awesome! It's crazy you can find names and find out where they went. I'll have to write this down and put it with the picture so I can remember the history behind them. I didn't realize that they had boot camp at Camp Lejeune in the 40's. I love learning new things. I appreciate the information.