Early Patrol Jacket Emblems...Matched Pair

Brig

I know these were tracked in that large auction back in December or January, but with awful images. When I returned home from deployment, a few days later my wife presented me with this pair. I hadn't logged onto eBay at all, what a surprise!

Though the patina is a bit different, I believe the left collar emblem is an original match and just tarnished, appears to be surface tarnish. But I could be wrong. Either way, I've been on the hunt for a pair of these for a long time! My wife's better at this hobby than I am, and I love her for it

Some of you may recall, I purchased a rather worn single just prior to my deployment. Guess I'll have to trade it off, or sit on it and wait for a match. It is shown above the new pair for comparison. These emblems have also been discussed here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...=54880&st=0

100_1480.JPG

Dude, your wife's pretty awesome! I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that. I'm not familiar with EGA's that much, but these are interesting. They've inspired me to do some more reading, I've never seen one with that attachment device before.

Two Six SgtMaj
Dude, your wife's pretty awesome! I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that. I'm not familiar with EGA's that much, but these are interesting. They've inspired me to do some more reading, I've never seen one with that attachment device before.

Sgt Brig, Looks like you are enjoying a late Christmas back there. All is well here. Don't move the EGA to quickly, It may have to go back to it's original owner. s/f SgtMaj

Just out of couriousity, what is a "Patrol Jacket"? I don't do Marine stuff, so the term is unfamiluer. Thanks.

Steve Hesson

Just out of couriousity, what is a "Patrol Jacket"? I don't do Marine stuff, so the term is unfamiluer. Thanks.

Steve Hesson

Great set of birds, Brig! Congrats!!!!!!

Here's a pic of Captain Louis McCarty Little in his patrol jacket circa 1905. This uniform was worn by USMC officers from about 1890 through about 1910. Styled after a British uniform. Semper Fi -----Bob

QUANTICO_PICS28.jpg

Great set of birds, Brig! Congrats!!!!!!

Here's a pic of Captain Louis McCarty Little in his patrol jacket circa 1905. This uniform was worn by USMC officers from about 1890 through about 1910. Styled after a British uniform. Semper Fi -----Bob

post-503-1338645850.jpg

OK, I've seen those, never knew what they were called. Wonder where the name "Patrol Jacket" came from. Looks like it was only good for patrolling the officers club.

Steve hesson

• 8 months later...

Since EGA's have been scarce lately and this forum has been a bit slow, figured I'd bump this by adding a different variant I matched a few months back thanks to a member who thought of me when he found the match...I had the single for a good 4 or 5 years, and had seen these sell only has pairs once or twice since. I was very fortunate, as this is the type of emblem you could spend decades trying to match!

Copy of 101_0759-horz.jpg

and the rears. not a perfect match, but you can't really complain on birds like these. Notice the c-clasps are in different locations, and the pins are different lengths

Copy (2) of 101_0760-horz.jpg