VN War Helicopter Art

sighgone

The publisher, Stackpole Books, has informed me that they've ordered a 3rd printing!! Not bad for 3 1/2 months since the initial run. Also, new data added.

• 2 months later...

I am presently working on VOL 2 of VIETNAM WAR HELICOPTER ART which should be ready for a Spring 2014 release. Now until the VHCMA reunion in June I will be reviewing for publication any photographs sent to me via email or snail mail. My email is [email protected] and mailing address is 17355 Via Annette, San Lorenzo, CA 94580. PS I served in the 114 AHC, 1970-71, as a SP5 Flight Operations Coordinator.

• 9 years later...

Thunder Chickens and that's just how everyone said hello in Vietnam. They were one of the few units that had camouflaged gunships and slicks in Vietnam. 

Outstanding grouping! Wish it were mine. 

Here's a full color of a Thunderchicken at Quan Loi in '69

1311802859_AHueyGunshiptakesofffromQuanLoiinAugust1969.jpg.a93057a4d03f3e898b561437cb0060ad.jpg

I contributed to those books and wish there was another coming out. We both share a passion for helicopter nose art and artwork of the Vietnam war.  OCONUS saw more post-Vietnam artwork although there a few Guard Units that kept it alive after the war.

Here's one in my collection of an Army Concept Team in Vietnam Huey. If its in a modern cockpit these guys flew it during the Vietnam War first. 

1327835201_PICT0070copy.jpg.b39eba1800beebdc85e377e5f02ea456.jpg