17th Airborne Talon

GeneralLucas

GeneralLucas

I wanted to share an issue of the Talon printed somewhere in Europe as they are hard to find. It lists all soldiers who received silver and bronze stars. I will look up a name for you.

GeneralLucas
I wanted to share an issue of the Talon printed somewhere in Europe as they are hard to find. It lists all soldiers who received silver and bronze stars. I will look up a name for you.

post-1658-1338493106.jpg

Charlie Flick

That is very cool. Had not seen one like it before. Thanks for the post.

Regards,

Charlie

17thairborne

Very nice and thanks for posting. The candid photos in that issue are among the best. SSgt Adolph Beyers, atop the KO Panther, was one of the 17 AB photographers. His stuff is in most of the 17 issues from Mackall to Germany and France.

• 2 weeks later...
17thairborne
I am familiar with that copy. A good friend of mine name is in it.

M

M,

Was that good friend a member of the Recon Platoon? I corresponded with one of their vets and he identified many of his friends in some of the Ardennes issue photos.

manayunkman
M,

Was that good friend a member of the Recon Platoon? I corresponded with one of their vets and he identified many of his friends in some of the Ardennes issue photos.

He was in the 513th and the recipient of the SS and PH for action in the Ardennes. He is mentioned by name only.