Pre-War Dated V Amphibious Corps Sgt. Forest Green Jacket

Corpsmancollector

Corpsmancollector

Last one for today. A nice pre-war dated (1940-41 Quartermaster Dept. manufactured) forest green belonging to a Sgt. 'B.K. Behncke' in 5th Amphibious Corps. Nice felt patch on the left shoulder with stripes and hash marks on each sleeve. No research conducted on this Marine yet, hopefully it won't be too difficult with such an unusual name.

Will

post-5339-1338372454.jpg

post-5339-1338372466.jpg

Very nice! I love that big obnoxious alligator! One of my favorite patches ever!

I have a VCorp as well but I haven't researched it yet, when I get more info I will post it,

Leonardo

teufelhunde.ret

enlisted Jan 42... serv# 345928

Name: Burnelle K Behncke

Muster Date: Oct 1942

Station: 3 Antiaircraft Group, Second Defense Battalion, Reinforced, Second Marine Brigade, In The Field

Muster Date: Jul 1943

Station: 3" Antiaircraft Group, Second Defense Battalion, Reinforced, In The Field

Muster Date: Jan 1944

Station: Antiaircraft Artillery Group, Second Defense Battalion, Reinforced, Fifth Amphibious Corps, In The Field.

Muster Date: Jul 1944

Station: 90 Mm Aa Grp,Base Arty Bn, Spl Trng Regt,Trng Com, Fmf, Camplejeune,Nc

Muster Date: Apr 1945

Station: First Guard Company, Marine Barracks, Nnyd, Portsmouth, Va

Muster Date: Jan 1946

Station: Separation Battalion, Separation And Replacement Regiment, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

Awarded GCM no # provided

Corpsmancollector

Thanks L, I know you have a soft spot for greens and I thought you'd like this one! I could never understand why 5th amphibious corps patch has 3 stars on it?! :lol:

Teufelhunde.ret; Thank you so much for the muster roll information! This isn't the first time you've done me a great favour with research! I really appreciate it :thumbsup: I think I'll hit the web and start looking at the chronology of the 2nd Defense Batt...

Will

Corpsmancollector

Definitely worthy of further research....

2nd Defense Battalion

Hawaii

American Samoa

Tarawa

Guam

Okinawa

Thanks! You'll always have a top fan here!

The three stars represent that it is commanded by a three star general.

Thanks again and digging the other two jackets.

Leonardo

Corpsmancollector
Thanks! You'll always have a top fan here!

The three stars represent that it is commanded by a three star general.

Thanks again and digging the other two jackets.

Leonardo

I did not know that Leonardo...Mystery solved! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the compliments, I have a few other jackets to dig out including a nice 3rd Division Sgt. tunic with white discharge diamond.

Will

Corpsmancollector
Very nice Will.I have a patched uniform as well.Also a painted bag I need to post.

RD

Thanks for the comment Ron. Look forward to seeing the sea bag, there's some great painted examples posted here on the forum!

Will

American Heritage

Will, that's a beautiful and historic uniform! I love it.

I also like your new avatar! I'll miss the 1st mardiv patched uniform but this one is even cooler!! I have a love for the corpsman uniforms even though I don't yet own any.

• 2 weeks later...
Corpsmancollector
Will, that's a beautiful and historic uniform! I love it.

I also like your new avatar! I'll miss the 1st mardiv patched uniform but this one is even cooler!! I have a love for the corpsman uniforms even though I don't yet own any.

AH,

My apologies for the delayed response, I've only just seen your comment! Thanks for the compliments...My avatar seems to have reverted back to the 1st Div jumper somehow (at least on my screen) but the 5th Div jacket is a special one I will get around to posting soon! ;)

Will

That avatar is mind blowing! That's a Top service coat in my book and doesn't get better than that!

LF

American Heritage

I can always remember that the alligator patch is V Corps because the open mouth of the alligator looks like a V!!

ALSO, The FMF-PAC patches have 3 stars because that command was also commanded by a 3 star.

• 7 years later...
AKAirborne

Will,

I am interested in purchasing BK's jacket and returning it to our family back in the US. Let me know if you still have the jacket and are open to an offer or trade.