Another MOLLE II question

Third Herd

Third Herd

I recently picked up a woodland camouflage Molle II vest that had four grenade pouches, two pouch Magazine M16A2 Double, four M4 Double Magazine Pouches, and two canteen/ Utility pouches. Is that the standard rifleman load? Is a first aid pouch or another pouch worn? Are canteen cups worn in both of the canteen/ utility pouches?

Standard issue pouch set for the FLC is 2 Frag pouches, 2 triple shingle M4 mag pouches, 3 double stack M4 mag pouches, and 2 canteen pouches. According to Army NSN's, there was never an IFAK pouch issued in woodland, so maybe an ALICE type first aid kit. Not sure if the cup would be carried with the canteen in the pouch, but the cups are issued.

Third Herd

Thank you, 14alpha. I used the M56 in the Air Force and the ALICE in the National Guard, since Woodland has been obsolete for awhile I grabbed it.

Linedoggie

No woodland IFAK I'm aware of but there was a Woodland and DCU first aid / medic zipped pouch. I Know the DCU NSN was 8465-01-496-1083 , Woodland was 8465-01-467-4988

When I got back to the 101st ABN in 2002, I got issued a Woodland MOLLE II Rifleman set brand new in the box. It had with the FLC, 3 M16A2 (double) mag pouches, 2 grenade pouches, 2 canteen pouches, Camelbak, assault pack, butt pack, blah, blah....anyway, that was what was issued. Later, as MOLLE got more common and extra pieces were able to be found, extra pouches were added. When we deployed to Iraq, we had 3 mag pouches, 2 grenade pouches, 2 canteen pouches, butt (waist) pack, & M9 bayonet on our vests. Our first aid kits consisted of 2 aid dressings which were stowed in the outer pockets of the canteen pouches (a tight fit with a new dressing). We were issued 1 canteen cup from CIF but many carried 2. One for coffee and one for shaving (and tried not to mix them up).

That was circa 2003-2004, OIF.