WWII USAAF Aerial Gunner Bullion Wing Gwendyr Make

TCSchultz

Here's some pictures of an interesting WW2 U.S. Army Air Forces Aerial Gunner Bullion Wing variant made by Gwendyr Make of Wales that features the letters "AG" in place of the normal flying bullet. This company from what I found online made several bullion wings including Pilot, Bombardier, Air Crew and 8th AAF patches. It was removed from a private purchase Ike jacket prior to my aquiring it which was unfortunate on one hand as it looked nice on the jacket, but in another way one would never know who made it otherwise! It measures @ 3 1/2" in width by 1 1/2" in height and is on blue felt with the black oilcloth backing.

post-17286-1338226674.jpg

post-17286-1338226706.jpg

post-17286-1338226737.jpg

post-17286-1338226749.jpg

AAF_Collection

Thanks to you both I now have yet another AAF item to hunt for!. Does anyone know where in Wales Gwendyr were based? I'm guessing South? Ian?.

Thanks to you both I now have yet another AAF item to hunt for!. Does anyone know where in Wales Gwendyr were based? I'm guessing South? Ian?.

Good question Matt...and one which I've yet to nail completely. However, though it might be a wee bit off subject (with due respect to Mr Schultz's thread :thumbsup: ) here's a USAAF ETO jacket from Pontypridd!

post-8022-1338228948.jpgpost-8022-1338228975.jpg

Here's some pictures of an interesting WW2 U.S. Army Air Forces Aerial Gunner Bullion Wing variant made by Gwendyr Make of Wales that features the letters "AG" in place of the normal flying bullet. This company from what I found online made several bullion wings including Pilot, Bombardier, Air Crew and 8th AAF patches. It was removed from a private purchase Ike jacket prior to my aquiring it which was unfortunate on one hand as it looked nice on the jacket, but in another way one would never know who made it otherwise! It measures @ 3 1/2" in width by 1 1/2" in height and is on blue felt with the black oilcloth backing.

Thomas,

Very nice Gwendyr Make bullion wings! They made bullion patches also after hostilities for the RAF and Royal Navy as well.I have a number in my collection. Very interesting on the AG wings. My dad had a Gwendyr make bullion USAAF Air Crew wings on his B-14 flying jacket. I have never seen a regular USAAF Aerial Gunner Gwendyr make bullion wings YET. Their use of AG is like the RAF Air Gunner.

I have the Gwendyr USAAF Pilot wings,Bombardier wings,8th Air Force shoulder patch as well as others.

Thanks for sharing the posting.

Jack

Thomas,

Very nice Gwendyr Make bullion wings! They made bullion patches also after hostilities for the RAF and Royal Navy as well.I have a number in my collection. Very interesting on the AG wings. My dad had a Gwendyr make bullion USAAF Air Crew wings on his B-14 flying jacket. I have never seen a regular USAAF Aerial Gunner Gwendyr make bullion wings YET. Their use of AG is like the RAF Air Gunner.

I have the Gwendyr USAAF Pilot wings,Bombardier wings,8th Air Force shoulder patch as well as others.

Thanks for sharing the posting.

Jack

• 3 months later...
  • 7 years later...

Happy to do so and sorry for the delay in replying as this thread doesn't show up in my content for some reason. I had pulled these wings out recently and remembered that someone contacted me interested in them but can't seem to find who it was so please do DM me again if you're still interested in them. Thanks.

I know and it seems just like yesterday that I posted this thread. At the time someone contacted me that was really really interested in these wings but now I can't seem to find that DM thread. Hopefully they will come back to me on them as I'm hopeful to connect with them again.