REMEMBER SOG Laos 1969

BIGGREG

Heating chow in a denied area on a recon mission......

well i suppose that even SF must eat sometimes..maybe heated was not a good idea as a reenactment pic... :think:

RT California
well i suppose that even SF must eat sometimes..maybe heated was not a good idea as a reenactment pic... :think:

Nice photo's

PIR (Patrol Indigenous Rations) were the order of the day for most Recon teams "Across the fence", "cold" water would be added to the ration pouch before breaking RON in the morning and stored in the leg pocket, the heat of the day warming it up, half would be eaten at Vietnamese "pac time" the other half at the next RON, some recon men supplemented their PIR's with C' rations, John "Tilt" Stryker Meyer usually carried a few C'rat cans of peaches. As far as i know Recon teams never heated their rations on cross boarder missions for fear of giving their location away to enemy trackers and counter recon hunter killer teams, I stand to be corrected though.

Nice photo's

PIR (Patrol Indigenous Rations) were the order of the day for most Recon teams "Across the fence", "cold" water would be added to the ration pouch before breaking RON in the morning and stored in the leg pocket, the heat of the day warming it up, half would be eaten at Vietnamese "pac time" the other half at the next RON, some recon men supplemented their PIR's with C' rations, John "Tilt" Stryker Meyer usually carried a few C'rat cans of peaches. As far as i know Recon teams never heated their rations on cross boarder missions for fear of giving their location away to enemy trackers and counter recon hunter killer teams, I stand to be corrected though.

Thanks for all this...

I "spoke" with Lynne Black and he told me he heated (a ball of C4 in a hole he dig) ONCE not food but a stone to feel a bit of warmth...so I think it was not a good idea as i said to put this pic in the reenactment...

Thank you for all the nice comments and the appreciation words...

and RT CALIFORNIA you are right and i love your nick...

RT California
Finally THEN AND NOW

to the left RT VIRGINIA Far left is Jeffery Junkns, middle is Doug "The Frenchman" LaTourneau. I hate to say it, but I can't remember the tall guy on the right who I believe was the One Zero. (Lynne Black 1-0 RT IDAHO)

to the right RT Remember :rolleyes:

post-64352-1338388396.jpg

BIGGREG; This photo really had me going, I'd seen it before but couldn't remember where :wacko: ..........so after tearing my book collection apart I finally found it and where I first saw it on the internet at www.macvsog.cc I knew the man on the left wasn't Lynne Black jr but you were right about the man on the left, so from left to right is; Jeffrey L. Junkins, John Peters and David Badger. Taken by John S Meyer 1968 (probably at FOB#4 Phu Bai).

Bit of trivia for you, David Badger was a team mate of David Maurer 1-0 of RT LOUISIANA, (one of the top 3 teams at FOB's 1&4 according to John Meyer) David Maurer took over John T Walton's CAR-15, John T Walton was son and heir to the WALMART empire and according to "Tilt" no one ever knew he was the son of one of the richest men in Americia.

BIGGREG; This photo really had me going, I'd seen it before but couldn't remember where :wacko: ..........so after tearing my book collection apart I finally found it and where I first saw it on the internet at www.macvsog.cc I knew the man on the left wasn't Lynne Black jr but you were right about the man on the left, so from left to right is; Jeffrey L. Junkins, John Peters and David Badger. Taken by John S Meyer 1968 (probably at FOB#4 Phu Bai).

Bit of trivia for you, David Badger was a team mate of David Maurer 1-0 of RT LOUISIANA, (one of the top 3 teams at FOB's 1&4 according to John Meyer) David Maurer took over John T Walton's CAR-15, John T Walton was son and heir to the WALMART empire and according to "Tilt" no one ever knew he was the son of one of the richest men in Americia.

Sorry RT CALIFORNIA.. i was not clear....

The phrase i quoted was from Lynne Balck comment on the photo...

the RT on the right is RT VIRGINIA in the picture "Far left is Jeffery Junkins, middle is Doug "The Frenchman" LaTourneau" and the far right, Lynne cannot recall the name of the guy....so you are saying that the name of the tall guy is David Badger am i right?

Thank you for all this informations...i'll pass this to Lynne...

have a nice day... Greg

Here is ST Idaho team picture showing Lynne Black & Doug LaTourneau

Note, Lynne is wearing 1-0 vest

post-5424-1339257251.jpg

:w00t:

Thanks i know who is Lynne Black i posted his comments on the picture RT VIRGINIA.. :w00t:

RT California
Sorry RT CALIFORNIA.. i was not clear....

The phrase i quoted was from Lynne Balck comment on the photo...

the RT on the right is RT VIRGINIA in the picture "Far left is Jeffery Junkins, middle is Doug "The Frenchman" LaTourneau" and the far right, Lynne cannot recall the name of the guy....so you are saying that the name of the tall guy is David Badger am i right?

Thank you for all this informations...i'll pass this to Lynne...

have a nice day... Greg

BIGGREG

I ran this photo past JOHN "Tilt" STRYKER MEYER 1-0 ST/RT IDAHO he confined that the individuals in that photo are from left to right ;Jeffery Junkins, John peters and David Badger. John submitted the photo to www.macvsog.cc and the picture is printed on the back of the dust jacket of his book "On the ground"

... Thanks but as i said.. i cited LYNNE... he said that about the RT VIRGINIA...I'm not saying I'm right and you are wrong... just passing the message from LYNNE... :w00t:

• 1 month later...

Great work Greg and team :thumbsup: You guys have done an excellent job! I would love to come over and see a display or a show with you all sometime...

Great work Greg and team :thumbsup: You guys have done an excellent job! I would love to come over and see a display or a show with you all sometime...

If you come to Belgium.. let me know.. :-) you are more than welcome

You guys look like crap....... ;)

Everyone knows they didnt have AK's during WWII!

Ryan

ahahahahhhaahha I know.. it's for this reason we also used CAR15 and RPD... LOL